The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bubblegumcat
only if you're white :tongue:

Utter nonsense. While there is discrimination, and racism even, in parts of American society, there are also large parts of it where people of all races can succeed, and thrive, if they have the talent and the ambition.

Look at President Obama, or Condoleeza Rice, or Colin Powell. Look at the entertainment industry and music business.

To assert that America only works for white people is astonishingly ignorant.
Original post by queen-bee
Social media says #IStandWithAhmed after the schoolboy was arrested for bringing homemade clock to school

Apparently the clock was mistaken for a bomb. This is just disgusting.
Islamophobia worsening every day.Arresting a 14-year-old Muslim boy who under any other name would be considered a genius.#IStandWithAhmed

The problem is that this kid was a normal kid. He did something great-and got accused of being a terrorist.

If a guy is acting suspiciously by all means call the police. This was just a kid in my view-if a white kid did it then he would be a genius. A normal kid is treated like a terrorist due to just being Muslim.

Yes, security fears are at this time very high. But to me this just seems like complete paranoia. What next? I see a brown person walk into work with a briefcase (they don't normally have one) and call the police?

I see a brown person carry a suitcase on a train and leave it (going to the toilet) but assume it is a bomb and call the police?

Security concerns are fine-but blatant paranoia is too far. I don't blame people for being scared-that is understandable. Of course like I said complete paranoia, but the paranoid aren't bad people, just paranoid. I just feel bad for the kid really.
Original post by Politricks
You do realise that the term 'social justice warrior' is meant as an insult rather than something anyone seriously calls themselves?

I know that. I was winding him up,seeing as he probably wanted to call me that anyway
Original post by i<3milkshake

x

Have you seen what that alarm clock looked like. It was unrecognisable as one to most people.

If a white person brought that into work, school or the airport, he would have been treated exactly the same.
Original post by Fango_Jett
Have you seen what that alarm clock looked like. It was unrecognisable as one to most people.

If a white person brought that into work, school or the airport, he would have been treated exactly the same.

I do think it looks dodgy, but I also believe that a white person would have just had the thing ignored. Just my personal view. I can see yours, but for me he was unfairly a victim of paranoia.
Original post by Wilfred Little
I can guarantee I know more than probably anyone on this website what it's like to miss out on your education unfairly, which is why I said he should have been allowed straight back into school once it was proven it was a clock.

I'm sure you're not the only one who's struggled in life but yeah I agree
Original post by Foo.mp3
Unfortunate title for a Muslim pressure group.. :erm:

You'd rather the police didn't investigate when someone fitting the profile for a young radical turns up in class with what looks to witnesses to be some kind of improvised explosive device? They're doing their job :dontknow:

It's an unfortunate mix up, cool your jets kid :rolleyes: At least they didn't shoot him! :s-smilie:

This is not time for jokes!

#IStandWithAhmed because your name, religion, and the colour of your skin should NEVER negate your accomplishments

Shoot him?
I'm sure you're not the only one who's struggled in life but yeah I agree

You've missed the point yet again.

lol at your edit btw.
Original post by bubblegumcat
only if you're white :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Land of opportunity-in reality only if you are rich.
Land of freedom only if you are white. If you are black you are a 24/7 target practice dummy for the police.

With what?
Original post by Wilfred Little
You've missed the point yet again.

lol at your edit btw.

Blah blah

Yeah,I'm a grammar nazi
Original post by i<3milkshake
I do think it looks dodgy, but I also believe that a white person would have just had the thing ignored. Just my personal view. I can see yours, but for me he was unfairly a victim of paranoia.

Not true. White teenagers get suspended/expelled/arrested for stunts like this all the time. I have been visited by police (South Bronx high school) because my cellphone was beeping in my locker. It never makes national news or headlines because either A) They are required to be concealed by law or B) No one cares because they can't bandwagon on the social justice train.
Original post by SignFromDog
Muslims are far too obsessed with their exaggerated sense of victimhood. They are hypersensitive and constantly on the lookout for something to take offence over.

There are regular school shootings in America. They take security in schools quite seriously. There are regular bomb threats. I find it just as plausible that they would have treated a non-Muslim student this way because schools are extremely concerned about the possibility of a school shooting or similar event.

Do you think it's healthy for the Western Muslim community, a community which is by all historical standards and common sense not oppressed, to constantly obsess over their sense of victimhood?

I don't blame them
Original post by DiddyDec
Generally it is not the Muslim community that get outraged over this kind of thing, it is the middle class white people who get outraged on their behalf.

And why is that? Everyone on Twitter is outraged. Black,white,brown,purple,green,Muslim,Christian,Jew.
Original post by Fango_Jett
Not true. White teenagers get suspended/expelled/arrested for stunts like this all the time. I have been visited by police (South Bronx high school) because my cellphone was beeping in my locker. It never makes national news or headlines because either A) They are required to be concealed by law or B) No one cares because they can't bandwagon on the social justice train.

Because your phone was beeping in your locker? Isn't that what phones will do?

To be fair I can't argue with your point about certain news making headlines due to social justice. But then look how the Muslim pedophile gangs were due to "Muslim men" yet the rich and famous TV presenters, MP's, etc in the UK who also committed such acts are not due to "Christian men".

The Muslim men are probably not practicing Muslims. I am totally against PC culture that saw nothing done-call facts how they are and these men were predominantly from Muslim backgrounds.

However, why aren't white child abusers "Christian men" just men?

So I agree that some headlines do make big news due to agendas-but I also feel that they work against Muslims as well at times. I mean Rotheram was covered up by the police-but so was child abuse in the UK by white perpetrators due to their power and fame...
And why is that? Everyone on Twitter is outraged. Black,white,brown,purple,green,Muslim,Christian,Jew.

Everyone? 302 million users have expressed their outrage?

I'm gonna need a source on that.
Everyone? 302 million users have expressed their outrage?

I'm gonna need a source on that.

Well most people on there. It's funny you say it's not the Muslims who are outraged but why is that so?
Well most people on there. It's funny you say it's not the Muslims who are outraged but why is that so?

Because they are not as moronic as SJWs.
Because they are not as moronic as SJWs.

Oh my :mmm:

Latest

Trending

Trending