The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

To play devils advocate here the clock did look awfully suspicious I mean suitcase plus weird wiring and and digital time can evoke fears of terrorist bomb plot but under close inspection this should of put away all fears of a bomb since there was no explosive just someone's bigoted islamophobic fears/opinions. Also If it was a bomb threat why was the school not evacuated, and why was a minor arrested and almost forced to write a confession under duress of the principal and police without a parent/guardian present. In fact to further prove it that the whole incident was an example of racism and Islamophobia one police officer who had never met the kid saw him and said something on the lines of 'yep knew it was him', please people read what actually happened rather than let your bigoted opinions speak for you.
Original post by DiddyDec
Pretty sure? So yet still no evidence.

I actually doubt that as he was arrested on the charge of making a hoax bomb.

It's called white privelege. Read up on it in your spare time.

Hoax bomb? The kid said multiple time he was just trying to make a clock because he like to invent things
Original post by RealistZ
To play devils advocate here the clock did look awfully suspicious I mean suitcase plus weird wiring and and digital time can evoke fears of terrorist bomb plot but under close inspection this should of put away all fears of a bomb since there was no explosive just someone's bigoted islamophobic fears/opinions. Also If it was a bomb threat why was the school not evacuated, and why was a minor arrested and almost forced to write a confession under duress of the principal and police without a parent/guardian present. In fact to further prove it that the whole incident was an example of racism and Islamophobia one police officer who had never met the kid saw him and said something on the lines of 'yep knew it was him', please people read what actually happened rather than let your bigoted opinions speak for you.

You bring up a valid point there,why wasn't the school evacuated?
Original post by High Stakes
Your argument was that all Muslims were terrorists, you moron. This was also a snippet. This was just Christians. There are plenty of other faiths that have committed acts of terrorism.

prsom :sigh:
Original post by queen-bee
It's called white privelege. Read up on it in your spare time.

Hoax bomb? The kid said multiple time he was just trying to make a clock because he like to invent things

Ah yes, you had to say it at some point. White kids don't get arrested in school do they?

But if you are going to say white privilege, at least spell it right.

I have already said multiple times that they went over the top with the processing and handling of the situation, however they were right to arrest him in the first place so that all the details could be ascertained. They had to be certain that it was an honest misunderstanding.

Funnily enough he didn't actually invent anything.
Original post by am_blue
America are pretty tight on security.....yet they allow civilians to carry guns. Okay.

That's a completely different conversation really isn't it let's face it.
In fact to further prove it that the whole incident was an example of racism and Islamophobia one police officer who had never met the kid saw him and said something on the lines of 'yep knew it was him', please people read what actually happened rather than let your bigoted opinions speak for you.

Have you got a source on that?
Original post by n09
I wish i were,

I can't say i've ever noticed you before:dontknow: . Just because a lot of people share your paranoid delusion that there's a muslim with a bomb lurking around every corner it doesn't make it any less paranoid, it just means that paranoid delusion has become normalised.

I 'd never even insult anyone over the internet of all places but you're definitely an idiot.

Explain to me where I have said that. Don't quote me unless you can find the exact WORDS or SENTENCES that said every muslim is going to have a bomb around the corner and blow us all up.

If you quote me with foolishness again I'm going to ignore you because it's clear you are a tit.
Yes it is but why just focus on Asians?

I am in the real world,I just don't support BS like this

Hahah! This isn't a joke! And yes,he deserves the praise and stardom :h:

the focus is not on 'asians' it is on those with an islamic backgorund ie muslims. You should not the vast majority of people who live in asia are not and nevver have been muslim and have no interest in islam

There was never a fully fledged "bomb threat" to begin with. They are required by law to report it to the police if there's even the slightest hint of suspicion of anything bomb-like (not the same thing). They are not allowed to call in the school IT teacher to confirm it or use teachers for judgement calls. They went overboard with the handling, true, but I'd take school safety over hurt feelings any day.
Original post by Reformed
the focus is not on 'asians' it is on those with an islamic backgorund ie muslims. You should not the vast majority of people who live in asia are not and nevver have been muslim and have no interest in islam

it seems to her all brown people are muslims

Good job there are no Muslims near that thing.
Original post by DiddyDec
Have you got a source on that?

Have you seen the video interview? I suggest you watch it because the little boy tells all
Original post by @*=-+1!<>6

Good job there are no Muslims near that thing.

:mmm:
Original post by Foo.mp3
We all discriminate, to a certain extent, and yes I am 100% ok with ethno-cultural profiling when it comes to matters of national security - do you have any idea how much resources would be wasted/how many criminals/terrorists would get away/go on to commit heinous acts in the absence of any such profiling? Use your head woman!:mute:

As I've already said, and you are smart enough to easily appreciate, it's not a competition, or matter of which is the greater problem. We must address all social issues and challenge/remove all social pariahs

It's sad that the world has come to this ... :frown:

Well right now,the world seems to be fixating on Islam. Why are we not addressing other issues?
I think the biggest thing going on right now in America is the problem of school shootings. Oh yeah y'all like shooting up cinemas too

Are you kidding me?? It has to be the hightened threat of terrorist attacks. School shootings are quite big too, but they don't come close to terrorism...

You've got a rotten agenda.
Original post by VotreAltesse
Are you kidding me?? It has to be the hightened threat of terrorist attacks. School shootings are quite big too, but they don't come close to terrorism...

You've got a rotten agenda.

So murdering innocent kids in school isn't a biggie? How is it any different from terrorism.
Go tell that to a parent who's lost a child due to a school shooting

I don't have an agenda. But seeing as you were so quick to judge ethnic/Muslim kids,I gave you a taste of your own medicine
(edited 8 years ago)
So murdering innocent kids in school isn't a biggie? How is it any different from terrorism.
Go tell that to a parent who's lost a child due to a school shooting

I don't have an agenda. But seeing as you were so quick to judge ethnic/Muslim kids,I gave you a taste of your own medicine

Whatever. You're wasting my time.
Original post by VotreAltesse
Whatever. You're wasting my time.

That's what I thought. Maybe next time keep your racist opinions to yourself
Original post by TM23
What about white people from uk who went to isis and blew themselves up

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've read nothing of the sort. Please provide me with a credible source...

Latest

Trending

Trending