The Student Room Group

YouGov: Con 39%, Lab 31%, UKIP 16%, LD 6%, GRN 3%

Parties:

Con 39%,
Lab 31%
UKIP 16%
LD 6%
GRN 3%

Asked whether it was likely Jeremy Corbyn would ever be Prime Minister, most deemed it unlikely. 17% said likely, 69% said unlikely and 13% didn't know.

Leaders:

Cameron: +3
Corbyn: -8
Farron: -18
Farage: -3

Both Farron and Corbyn, as expected, have a lot of people stating they 'don't know' whether the leaders are doing well or badly.

See full results: https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/i41vkd4xdd/SundayTimesResults_150918_Website.pdf
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Aren't YouGov the same people who predicted a major Labour victory for 2015 GE?

I would take anything they say with a (large) pinch of salt.
Reply 2
Original post by Fango_Jett

No polling suggested anything of the kind.... They did predict that Corbyn would win outright.
Jeremy Corbyn is scum, pure and simple and Labour will be unelectable for the next decade
Reply 4
It's fairly stunning that they're still on over 30%.
Original post by L i b
It's fairly stunning that they're still on over 30%.

Well, it is YouGov. I think when the wider public wakes up to what Corbyn really is - yet another fan of mass immigration and an appeaser of the barbarity that is Islam - it will push yet more people in the opposite direction, or towards the Lib Dems or UKIP.
The same people that said Labour were beating the conservatives by a couple of percent in the 2015 general election.
Jeremy Corbyn

The Conservative Party's greatest asset

:dunce: :facepalm2: :rofl:
Reply 8

No. Most pollsters suggested a draw in vote share. The telephone pollsters (Comres, ICM, Ipsos) mostly suggested a Tory win but falling short.

At any rate, the consensus is that the Tories have a larger lead than the general election but not by much.
Reply 9
Original post by Rad-Reloaded
Jeremy Corbyn

The Conservative Party's greatest asset

:dunce: :facepalm2: :rofl:

People don't usually destroy their "greatest asset" by launching vitriolic attacks on an aging vegetarian...
Original post by Errm42
People don't usually destroy their "greatest asset" by launching vitriolic attacks on an aging vegetarian...

You like him, but even you make him sound like a limp-dicked punk, because that's what he is

Labour simply will not win an election with him as their leader.
I'd like to thank all of those people who supported Corbyn for making sure labour are unelectable in the next GE.
Jeremy corbyn is the only answer for the pending global recession. You will all need help.
Reply 13
Original post by Rad-Reloaded
You like him, but even you make him sound like a limp-dicked punk, because that's what he is

Labour simply will not win an election with him as their leader.

They would if the Tories screw up.

Then it doesn't matter what kind of person he is, just as long as he's not a Tory... :wink:
Reply 14
Original post by MatureStudent36
I'd like to thank all of those people who supported Corbyn for making sure labour are unelectable in the next GE.

4 years is a long time in politics.

You'd be wise to keep your own counsel...:smile:
Original post by Errm42
4 years is a long time in politics.

You'd be wise to keep your own counsel...:smile:

Not on this one. Corbyn's supporters have ensured labour is unelectable.

Will you acknowledge you hold a flawed minority opinion when corbyn isn't ejected?
Tbh, I don't think that's a bad result for Labour, all things considered.
Reply 17
Original post by MatureStudent36
Not on this one. Corbyn's supporters have ensured labour is unelectable.

As long as his MP's work hard in their existing constituencies and prospective MP's work hard in their prospective constituencies, it might just be enough to reduce the majority of the Tories.

Corbyn couldn't possibly do anymore damage to Labour than what has gone on before. I mean, Labout have been hemorrhaging seats since 1997.

Will you acknowledge you hold a flawed minority opinion when corbyn isn't ejected?

If Labour gains a majority under Corbyn, then he won't be "ejected". :confused:

I have a feeling they changed their methodology?
Also why is no one talking about the com-res poll? Over 2,000 surveyed (one of the biggest sample sizes) and it gave:

Con - 42
Lab - 30
UKIP - 13
LD - 7
SNP - 5
Green - 3
Others - 1
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending