The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Silver Lining
You're comparing a football team to a religion...LOL.

Muslims follow Islam, you just said you have met "decent normal Muslims" and you ended that with "ISLAM however is bad, rotten to the core". How does that work? These "decent normal Muslims" follow Islam.

Why can they not be compared?
Millions of people from across the globe from different countries, colours and creed are unified by there love for Arsenal with a passion.

Some muslims may regale in tales of Aisha, Arsenal followers regale in tales of Dennis Bergkamp. They compare beautifully.

It works because many people will ignore the violent and hateful scriptures because they know its not compatible with leading a moral and just life. Many secretly disagree with certain parts of Islamic doctrine. Many pick and choose which parts of the Quran and Hadiths they follow when it suits.

The problem however is devout muslims that choose to follow Islamic doctrine to the letter (A perfect muslim) .

Religion causes otherwise morally sound people to do disgusting things
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Why can they not be compared?
Millions of people from across the globe from different countries, colours and creed are unified by there love for Arsenal with a passion.

Some muslims may regale in tales of Aisha, Arsenal followers regale in tales of Dennis Bergkamp. They compare beautifully.

It works because many people will ignore the violent and hateful scriptures because they know its not compatible with leading a moral and just life. Many secretly disagree with certain parts of Islamic doctrine. Many pick and choose which parts of the Quran and Hadiths they follow when it suits.

The problem however is devout muslims that choose to follow Islamic doctrine to the letter (A perfect muslim) .

Religion causes otherwise morally sound people to do disgusting things

Nah,they just use religion as an excuse. They themselves are immoral to begin with
Original post by queen-bee
Nah,they just use religion as an excuse. They themselves are immoral to begin with

They don't use religion as an excuse. Why would you even need an excuse??

Hey im going to blow myself up today along with 20 innocent children, i better have a good excuse!?

Do you not understand that these people absolutely believe that what they are doing is right and just in Allahs eyes?

Hey im going to blow myself up today along with 20 innocent children, i better have a good excuse!?

Do you not understand that these people absolutely believe that what they are doing is right and just in Allahs eyes?

If that was the case,would all Muslims be doing the same thing?!

Exactly!

There are 1.7 billion muslims. Why judge us all based on a few misguided individuals?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cmon Queen-Bee, you just responded to this post less than 3 minutes ago

"It works because many people will ignore the violent and hateful scriptures because they know its not compatible with leading a moral and just life. Many secretly disagree with certain parts of Islamic doctrine. Many pick and choose which parts of the Quran and Hadiths they follow when it suits.

Religion causes otherwise morally sound people to do disgusting things"

If you are right and its nothing to do with religion, its just because some humans have no morals.. then can you explain why we dont have Atheists, Buddhists, christians beheading, raping, massacring children at random on par with Islam?
Cmon Queen-Bee, you just responded to this post less than 3 minutes ago

"It works because many people will ignore the violent and hateful scriptures because they know its not compatible with leading a moral and just life. Many secretly disagree with certain parts of Islamic doctrine. Many pick and choose which parts of the Quran and Hadiths they follow when it suits.

Religion causes otherwise morally sound people to do disgusting things"

If you are right and its nothing to do with religion, its just because some humans have no morals.. then can you explain why we dont have Atheists, Buddhists, christians beheading, raping, massacring children at random on par with Islam?

I say don't blame the religion,blame the person who is using their religion as an excuse to do all those terrible things. Anyway Islam is a religion of peace and you shouldn't let the action of a few distract you
Hello there :h:

Hello bee

You still spreading hatred I see.

If he were gay you'd have been supporting his detention
I say don't blame the religion,blame the person who is using their religion as an excuse to do all those terrible things. Anyway Islam is a religion of peace and you shouldn't let the action of a few distract you

Are you Muslim bee?

It's just I thought you were a copt suffering from a bad case of Stockholm syndrome

If we do not target the bad ideas and texts in a religion and be honest about what is causing people to commit such atrocities and misery, the problem is not going to fix itself.

You shouldn't let the actions of a few distract you? I wonder what your fellow Syrians would say to that.

Its all well and good when its not us caught up in Islams violence. I could not think of a more selfish attitude.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
The kid is a fraud! he didn't build that clock, he took it out of its cover and claimed he built it...

He was given loads of free stuff from big corporations looking to improve their image. LOL
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by PopaPork
Hello bee

You still spreading hatred I see.

If he were gay you'd have been supporting his detention

Long time!

Oh come on. I have no issues with gays and I don't know why you'd think that as we've never spoken about homosexuality before and this isn't even about gay people

What I don't like is discrimination hence why I've made this thread
Original post by PopaPork
Are you Muslim bee?

It's just I thought you were a copt suffering from a bad case of Stockholm syndrome

I'm a copt with plenty of Muslim friends :h: they've given me an insight into Islam
He's being genuinely serious. You live in America? Have you been to Texas before and if so,what's it like? The people in general

If I'm not from that state there's no way for me to gauge how the people are.
Original post by Sweet n Sour
If I'm not from that state there's no way for me to gauge how the people are.

I asked if you had visited but fair enough
You haven't even bothered to look at the kids "clock" have you?

Yes i have. It doesnt look like a bomb
And if it was a bomb why would he tell teachers that he had such a thing on him?
Ok let me propose this to you:

Lets imagine a football club, say arsenal for example.
Let us imagine that every week, there are violent racists crimes commited by Arsenal fans every week. Racist assaults, Racists terrorist attacks, racist chants in the stadium. This has been going on for decades, thousands of massacres in the name of Arsenal football club.

Now would we say... "its clear some people are crazy but it has nothing to do with Arsenal fans, Arsenal fans are the football fans of peace"?

Would you say... I know a few Arsenal fans and they are really nice non racist people who would never commit atrocities in the name of Arsenal football club therefore there is no problem with Arsenal fans?

Would you say its Arsenalaphobic to question why so much violence and atrocities are carried out by one set of fans but not any of the others?

Nobody is saying ALL MUSLIMS are bad people. Most of us know or have met decent normal muslims. ISLAM however is bad, rotten to the core

you just contradictes youself
You said not all muslims are bad then you say islam is rotten to the core. Which one is jt?
Original post by xxvine
And if it was a bomb why would he tell teachers that he had such a thing on him?

It absolutely looks like a bomb lol You do know bombs don't look like round black balls with a fuse sticking out?

He plugged it into the wall in his English class and set the alrarm to go off during the class. He had already shown it to his engineering teacher who told him it wasn't a good idea to go around showing other people it.

So why did he take it to his next class, plug it into the wall and set the alarm to go off during the lesson?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by xxvine

He didn't. He told reporters be who told him not to show it to anyone else it was when it started beeping during a lesson that his problems started
Original post by xxvine
you just contradictes youself
You said not all muslims are bad then you say islam is rotten to the core. Which one is jt?

Let me give you a clue...

Islam and Muslims are NOT THE SAME THING

Latest

Trending

Trending