The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gears265
The argument I find most disturbing is "these terror affiliates are not really Muslim". It is an excuse for the Islamic community not to take action against their followers. They try to separate themselves from these people. It is pathetic.

U know what's reallyy pathetic? Its actual muslims suffering and being killed daily by ISIS and even after that...people still think that islam is terrorism...
Original post by ChronicBoredom
Considering there is 'Evidence of his father’s complicity with radical Muslim pressure group CAIR, and Ahmed’s own confession that he knew beforehand that his phony “clock” would be viewed as a bomb', it's almost funny that ya'll are still standing up for him. Quit acting like you're being predjudiced against- and it's not as if it wasn't justified, they're called stereotypes for a reason. As everyone has already mentioned, better to be safe than sorry.

(& what about the child who made his Pop Tart look like a gun? He got suspended and had it put on his school record- he didn't get any support, any anonymous scholarships or a trip to the white house. Where's the justice in that?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Dgd9m_t5Jo

That kid is an absolute joke. Looks shady as sh!t as well.
Original post by ChronicBoredom
That kid is an absolute joke. Looks shady as sh!t as well.

absolutely his father and the whole story is riddled tbh absolutely pathetic that his getting so much attention
I'm sick of seeing people talking so much rubbish about Islam. Here's something:
- ISIS takes up like less than 1% of the muslim poulation, why do SOME people assume that all muslims are like this?
- If Islam is so bad, why are so many peole converting?
- If you have not read the Quran, who are you to make any judgements on this religion?
The majority of muslims DO NOT agree with ANYTHING done by ISIS! STOP MAKING JUDGEMNTS BASED OF THINGS YOU HEAR/READ FROM THE MEDIA.
Original post by swigtwig
I'm sick of seeing people talking so much rubbish about Islam. Here's something:
- ISIS takes up like less than 1% of the muslim poulation, why do SOME people assume that all muslims are like this?
- If you have not read the Quran, who are you to make any judgements on this religion?
The majority of muslims DO NOT agree with ANYTHING done by ISIS! STOP MAKING JUDGEMNTS BASED OF THINGS YOU HEAR/READ FROM THE MEDIA.

i completely agree with ya on this one but just a quick question do u think alot of people are turning to islam because they dont want to "burn for eternity" suffer etc personally i see that is being a great "tactic/method" to gain followers if you know what I mean. A lot of people dont even question their religion..... their just born into it. QUESTION EVERYTHING PEOPLE. Before anyone gets all mad at me im just curious and if i did offend anyone... feel offended na im jk peace :smile:

[video="youtube;g7TAAw3oQvg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7TAAw3oQvg[/video]
Hmm well it's a possibility, but only they know what is in their heart. If that's the reason they are converting, then I don't think that's the right choice.Whether you 'burn for eternity' or not, is based on your intentions, not entirely on your actions. People should only convert if they want to - not if they are forced to/feel obliged to.
I was born a muslim, and maybe that makes my opinion bias, but after asking my questions, I'm sure this right.
Original post by Synonym
i completely agree with ya on this one but just a quick question do u think alot of people are turning to islam because they dont want to "burn for eternity" suffer etc personally i see that is being a great "tactic/method" to gain followers if you know what I mean. A lot of people dont even question their religion..... their just born into it. QUESTION EVERYTHING PEOPLE. Before anyone gets all mad at me im just curious and if i did offend anyone... feel offended na im jk peace :smile:
Hmm well it's a possibility, but only they know what is in their heart. If that's the reason they are converting, then I don't think that's the right choice.Whether you 'burn for eternity' or not, is based on your intentions, not entirely on your actions. People should only convert if they want to - not if they are forced to/feel obliged to.
I was born a muslim, and maybe that makes my opinion bias, but after asking my questions, I'm sure this right.

yep fair enough mate :smile:

I was born a muslim

No you weren't. You were incapable of holding beliefs when you were born. You were, therefore, born an atheist (holding no beliefs) and your family indoctrinated you into their own superstitious beliefs which you continue to follow.
Original post by Good bloke
No you weren't. You were incapable of holding beliefs when you were born. You were, therefore, born an atheist (holding no beliefs) and your family indoctrinated you into their own superstitious beliefs which you continue to follow.

wow the way u worded this I actually love it never thought about it that way aha
Original post by areej218
U know what's reallyy pathetic? Its actual muslims suffering and being killed daily by ISIS and even after that...people still think that islam is terrorism...

And I generally feel sympathy for the Muslims who don't take their religion so seriously and who have no intention of converting the world to Islam. But you have to admit there are just too many hardcore radical Muslims who read the Quran to dot and intend to impose their beliefs on everyone around them. There are migrants reported to have demanded local European women cover up. Like wtf?
That beats Christian girl stoned for bringing bible into class
so everyone who agrees with sheria law is considered to be being radicalised?
Original post by DiddyDec
[video="youtube;g7TAAw3oQvg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7TAAw3oQvg[/video]
nice one :smile: thanks for being so open minded
Original post by Synonym
yep fair enough mate :smile:
As a muslim who is now able to hold their own beleifs, I can tell you that muslims beleive that every child is born muslim and their family indoctrinated them into their own superstitious beliefs. Just to make you happt though, I will rephrase: I was born into a muslim family.
And for the record, I chose to continue to follow these beliefs because I want to, not beacue I'm being forced to.
Original post by Good bloke
I can tell you that muslims beleive that every child is born muslim and their family indoctrinated them into their own superstitious beliefs.

Noooo. The closest description for what all children are born as would be agnostic, and then their family indoctrinates them into superstitious beliefs ... such as islam.
okay i'm done here, can we just settle that we all have our own beleifs and respect that?? wow.
Original post by Skip_Snip
Noooo. The closest description for what all children are born as would be agnostic, and then their family indoctrinates them into superstitious beliefs ... such as islam.
Well that is America 4 you!

What a load of rubbish. ISIS are perfect Muslims who follow every aspect of the Qur'an and its violent teachings. Muslims who reject these violent teachings are considered "apostates of Islam," punishable by death. For 1400 years, Muslims have been locked in conflict with non Muslims, whom they want to eradicate.

And where do you get the idea that the media have influenced people like this? UK media outlets are mostly completely leftist who out of fear and cowardice, will never put Islam in a negative light.
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending