The Student Room Group

Student, 17, hanged himself after being falsely accused of rape.

Scroll to see replies

Stories like this are so sad, why you would put somebody through a police investigation when they had just joined and '' embraced '' sixth form, and then recall the allegations afterwards. Who ever did this to the poor lad is a b****. He was only 17 and had his whole life ahead of him :frown: He had part of his future in his vision and some selfish cow decided to jeopardise his ambitions
Such a cowardly thing to do
R.I.P Jay Cheshire <3 Gone but not forgotten <3
So is the bitch going to rot in jail or what? Tell me at least something positive comes from this story?
This is a really sad and troubling story.
It happens and it is truly awful but what one must not do is make this into a women vs men sort of ordeal.
Original post by TorpidPhil
It happens and it is truly awful but what one must not do is make this into a women vs men sort of ordeal.

I agree, feminists never do that.

I also love how The BBC hasn't chosen sides - they never have anything to say about rape or sexual assault. Have you noticed how this story is all over its front page? Oh wait, no it isn't.

Despite receiving extensive coverage across near every mainstream newspaper, from what I can see The BBC hasn't touched it. It hasn't even buried it in the local news (like it usually does whenever something comes up which doesn't conform to their identity politics).
(edited 8 years ago)

Oh, that's going to happen. Why do you think TheCitizenAct creates any thread? It's certainly not because he's actually outraged by this.

Watch as somebody who dares to point out that this doesn't prove his prejudices is given a long, exhaustive list of the apparent historical crimes committed against straight white males by everybody else. The victim complex will be quite amusing to watch.
Original post by TheCitizenAct
I agree, feminists never do that.

I also love how The BBC hasn't chosen sides - they never have anything to say about rape or sexual assault. Have you noticed how this story is all over its front page? Oh wait, no it isn't.

Despite receiving extensive coverage across near every mainstream newspaper, from what I can see The BBC hasn't touched it. It hasn't even buried it in the local news (like it usually does whenever something comes up which doesn't conform to their identity politics).

I didn't say I agreed with the BBC's conduct here. On the contrary I disagree with it. They are clearly very biased. Yet complaining about extremists feminists (who themselves are equally bad) serves little purpose either.

Why not just ignore the bull****ters like the BBC and them and instead offer solutions to these problems?
Original post by Hydeman
Oh, that's going to happen. Why do you think TheCitizenAct creates any thread? It's certainly not because he's actually outraged by this.

Watch as somebody who dares to point out that this doesn't prove his prejudices is given a long, exhaustive list of the apparent historical crimes committed against straight white males by everybody else. The victim complex will be quite amusing to watch.

I may be disproportionately interested in certain topics, but at least I don't enter into threads merely to criticise and derail them by launching into personal attacks against posters.

What does race have to do with this? If anyone is indulging faux outrage here, it's you. All I've done is present a news story, only to be attacked by you.
(edited 8 years ago)
I didn't say I agreed with the BBC's conduct here. On the contrary I disagree with it. They are clearly very biased. Yet complaining about extremists feminists (who themselves are equally bad) serves little purpose either.

Why not just ignore the bull****ters like the BBC and them and instead offer solutions to these problems?

Come the day I don't have to pay for it I'd be happy to.
(edited 8 years ago)
It annoys me ALOT when women do this.. I actually know someone who accused a lad of rape when she was just 13/14... went through the police and she only confessed when it started to get serious. It's just crazy that she did it at such a young age!
Original post by minor bun engine
So is the bitch going to rot in jail or what? Tell me at least something positive comes from this story?

Legally, nothing will happen to her cos too many bleeding heart left wingers will go "if you penalise her genuine rape victims wont come forward waaah waaah waaah"

So nothing - though i hope her guilt twists her into something miserable.

What a waste of young life.
This is sad. :frown:
Inb4 "we've got to teach men not to rape"

RIP
How can someone do this? Hope she suffers for what she has done.
It says everything that needs to be said about modern gender feminism that the most upvoted comment in this thread is a personal attack against me and one manufactured to deflect attention away from the heinous nature of this story.

Bravo, upvoters. Hope you feel good about yourself - you deem an attack against me more important than a 17 year old boy who has hanged himself. My individual identity supersedes reality. Pathetic.
(edited 8 years ago)
I may be disproportionately interested in certain topics, but at least I don't enter into threads merely to criticise and derail them by launching into personal attacks against posters.

What does race have to do with this? If anyone is indulging faux outrage here, it's you. All I've done is present a news story, only to be attacked by you.

What personal attacks have I launched? I've only made a prediction based on what you've done on other threads i.e. quite literally made a list, presumably exhaustive, of the apparent injustices perpetrated against straight, white men, a demographic, surprise surprise, to which you belong.

If it wasn't for your long history of using outrageous events to further your agenda, you wouldn't get any of these so-called 'personal attacks.' :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Hydeman
What personal attacks have I launched? I've only made a prediction based on what you've done on other threads i.e. quite literally made a list, presumably exhaustive, of the apparent injustices perpetrated against straight, white men, a demographic, surprise surprise, you belong to.

If it wasn't for your long history of using outrageous events to further your agenda, you wouldn't be get any of these so-called 'personal attacks.' :tongue:

You made this personal the moment you singled me out for criticism. So yes, it's quite obviously personal.

Again, why are you making this about ethnicity? What is your problem with white people and what does it have to do with a 17 year old boy hanging himself?

Can't stand the sight of me? Hate what I have to say? Wish you could make me vanish from the earth? Here's an idea: don't respond to my posts.
(edited 8 years ago)
It says everything that needs to be said about modern gender feminism that the most upvoted comment in this thread is a personal attack against me and one designed to deflect attention away from the heinous nature of this story.

Bravo, upvoters. Hope you feel good about yourself - you deem an attack against me more important than a 17 year old boy who has hanged himself. My individual identity supersedes reality. Pathetic.

So by agreeing with someone else we therefore don't think this young man's death is important?

Just wow.
Original post by DiddyDec
So by agreeing with someone else we therefore don't think this young man's death is important?

Just wow.

It's fairly easy to see what's most important to the readers of this thread. It isn't that a boy has just killed himself, it's the opportunity to put me in my place and launch into a personal attack against me. If it wasn't, then the personal attack against me wouldn't be the most upvoted comment in this thread. To these people it's more important to attack me than sympathise with the subject of this thread.

That's a simple fact and it says everything that needs to be said about feminism.

More to the point, why are you siding with the person who has singled me out as an individual for criticism rather than addressing the topic of 17 year old boy hanging himself? Why are you condoning making this personal rather than just staying on topic?
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending