The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Do I have a shot at Warwick

I am planning to apply for management. I have poor GCSEs due to no desire to study, achieving one B and C grades, retaking maths hoping to get an A/A*.

My AS results are AAAA with almost all high UMS, in the following subjects: Economics,Russian Language,Business Studies, ICT.

A good personal statement, combined with good AS results and poor GCSEs, will I be considered a viable applicant?
I think the fact that you've managed to step it up and achieve so well at AS levels should put you in a good position to apply. The university will look at your GCSEs but I don't think that will definitely stop you getting an offer given that you've proved you can do well. Especially considering related A level subjects for the course you want to apply to. I have heard that a lot of universities want at least a C in GCSE English so if you don't have that it might be worth resitting with the maths. So yes, I think you have a good chance. :smile:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Definitely! I am in a similar position that my GCSEs weren't all that great, with mostly Bs, and my AS results were AADD (one of the Ds being in Literature which was due to a panic attack in th exam so I am resitting :smile: ). My predicted grades are AAA-A*AA and upon talking with an admissions person at an open day, they said the main thing that they look at in terms of grades is your predicted grades. I desperately want to get into Warwick so I hope so!! But yeah, your grades look mighty fine to me, you are in a good position to apply :smile: Good luck!
Reply 3
You'll get an offer. Warwick gives everyone an offer.
Original post by ETRC
You'll get an offer. Warwick gives everyone an offer.

Do you have any idea what you are talking about???
Original post by Jai Sandhu
Do you have any idea what you are talking about???

They pretty much do, for maths or physics anyway(assuming relevant A-levels). With those AS grades almost definitely. For other departments it might vary.

eg. https://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/maths/admissions/ug/offer/
Decided to drop business studies at A2 level, and pick up a more facilitating AS Level (Religious Studies) to increase my chances of getting into warwick, sine they don't like the overlap of business and econ, touch touch decisions..
Original post by morgan8002
They pretty much do, for maths or physics anyway(assuming relevant A-levels). With those AS grades almost definitely. For other departments it might vary.

eg. https://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/maths/admissions/ug/offer/

Yes in Maths and Maths and Physics they may. I am a 1st year doing Maths atm. But seriously, such a blanket statement of they give everyone an offer is a bit absurd. No one here knows the stats on management admissions.
Reply 8
Yes in Maths and Maths and Physics they may. I am a 1st year doing Maths atm. But seriously, such a blanket statement of they give everyone an offer is a bit absurd. No one here knows the stats on management admissions.

Warwick is the best university ever! :biggrin:
Original post by Alan2.718
Warwick is the best university ever! :biggrin:

Oh Alan lol

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/285203/response/703077/attach/3/FOI%20request%20F247.14%2015.pdf

Maths 1790 applications, 1708 offers.

LOL.

I know that maths they give virtually everyone an offer... I knew that before I applied. But this guy isnt applying for maths.
I know that maths they give virtually everyone an offer... I knew that before I applied. But this guy isnt applying for maths.

He will get an offer for sure.

Just look at the general trend for Warwick and universities in general.

They give out a lot offers because they know a certain number of people will eventually accept it.
Original post by tehforum
He will get an offer for sure.

Just look at the general trend for Warwick and universities in general.

They give out a lot offers because they know a certain number of people will eventually accept it.

Not saying he wont get an offer, but a blanket statement of they give everyone offers is a bit much no?
Not saying he wont get an offer, but a blanket statement of they give everyone offers is a bit much no?

Yeah true.

I should've justified it with reference to his stellar AS grades.

Quick Reply

Latest