The Student Room Group

ucl law entry requirements

if i were to apply for ucl law, i’d get a contextual offer (BBB). however, when checking the offers thread here on tsr everyone has like at least AAA and some people still got rejected. how much are contextual offers considered? if i’m predicted ABB will i be unlikely to get in?
Reply 1
Original post by lara!
if i were to apply for ucl law, i’d get a contextual offer (BBB). however, when checking the offers thread here on tsr everyone has like at least AAA and some people still got rejected. how much are contextual offers considered? if i’m predicted ABB will i be unlikely to get in?

bump :smile:
That’s the problem with high ranked unis and contextual offers, it’s quite annoying as they tend to give them to students who have high predictions so as you say A*AA or even above, who don’t really need them lowered which just seems ridiculous. You could try but I’m wary of saying to people go for it with lower end predictions, even though they ironically meet the contextual offer.

What I will say is you apply to 5 so it’s always worth a shot applying, it’s only one of your options. You’re more likely to get contextual offers at slightly lower ranked unis, but still excellent for law like Warwick & Nottingham, even maybe Durham if that interests you or Leeds on their Access to Leeds scheme - they take a lot of law students that way.
Reply 3
Original post by lara!

Go for it, but only if you have some genuinely safe options. Many students this year applied to just top Unis like oxbridge, UCL, LSE, Durham, Warwick and ended up with zero offers, and some of these students had perfect grades e.g 3x A*s. Law is brutally competitive so don’t get caught out.
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending