The Student Room Group

what to take?

I am soon going to be choosing my 3 A-levels but I cannot decide. I want to go to a Russel Group University but I cant decide whether to take Art or Geography and if so which other A-level options would go best with each. Thank You.
Original post by immy1140
I am soon going to be choosing my 3 A-levels but I cannot decide. I want to go to a Russel Group University but I cant decide whether to take Art or Geography and if so which other A-level options would go best with each. Thank You.

What degree subject are you looking at, and what are your other A Level options?
What uni course are you hoping to do?
Pick subjects which you enjoy and are good at- don't fret about university yet
Reply 3
Original post by Leviathan1741
What degree subject are you looking at, and what are your other A Level options?

geography at degree and alevel geography English lit and chemistry
geography at degree and alevel geography English lit and chemistry

Geography, Chemistry and English Literature all look fine for a Geography degree, and they are all strong, facilitating subjects which universities like.

Do you have a preference for human or physical geography, or are you looking to apply for a mixed geography degree? :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Leviathan1741
Geography, Chemistry and English Literature all look fine for a Geography degree, and they are all strong, facilitating subjects which universities like.

Do you have a preference for human or physical geography, or are you looking to apply for a mixed geography degree? :smile:

I am not sure yet I don't really know what jobs I can do with geography
Reply 6

This might help (even if you aren't considering Cambridge):

www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/files/publications/subjectmatters.pdf
I am not sure yet I don't really know what jobs I can do with geography

Okay that's fine, different A Level subjects can be helpful depending on which side of geography you prefer, e.g.:

Physical Geography: geology, environmental science, biology
Human Geography: economics, business studies, sociology

Just something to think about :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest