The Student Room Group

is it a good choice to take biology physics further maths without chem?

currently giving my igcses and i am in my final year. i am very confuse about what to take in my alevels. i love biology and i have a good game in physics and maths. but the main problem is i HATE chemistry. but in alevels all combination include chemistry with biology and physics. i am planning to take physics and biology and further maths ofc. the only thing missing will be chemistry. will there be any problem in future? i am still not sure what to choose at university level. if it help i might take psychology as well in alevels. would be very helpful if anyone could advice me.
it really depends on what you want to do but if your not the best at it and/or don’t like it then i don’t suggest you take it for a level :smile:
Original post by gummybearr
currently giving my igcses and i am in my final year. i am very confuse about what to take in my alevels. i love biology and i have a good game in physics and maths. but the main problem is i HATE chemistry. but in alevels all combination include chemistry with biology and physics. i am planning to take physics and biology and further maths ofc. the only thing missing will be chemistry. will there be any problem in future? i am still not sure what to choose at university level. if it help i might take psychology as well in alevels. would be very helpful if anyone could advice me.

You will need to take ordinary A level maths in order to take further maths, so you will already be taking four subjects with physics, biology, maths and further maths. Taking psychology on top of those would be too much.

There is nothing wrong with that set of A levels - you should be able to access all sorts of courses at university. If you decide you want to study medicine, it will limit your options in terms of universities that may accept you but it won’t make medicine impossible to access.

Quick Reply

Latest