The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ibac
Here I am, PPE you?

Yes Im doing Geography :smile:
Original post by Xavier617
Mark me down as taking it too! It's pretty tough... did my first past paper yesterday, fuarkin' 'ell it was a shifty little bugger

Ahaha too funny but too true... lets see what happens on the 4th of novembs
Hi is anyone here applying for medicine at doing the bmat?
Original post by zarabadoma

I'm applying for Medicine :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I am xD what college are you applying to?

I am, going to apply for univ :tongue:, what are you using to prepare?
Original post by thechemistress
Yeah, I am xD what college are you applying to?

Which college did you apply to for Medicine? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Eux
How do BNC shortlist Mathematics applicants for interview- i.e what are the factors they take into account?

The two most important criteria are the MAT and prior attainment (usually GCSEs).
If your application documents exceptional circumstances or other non-standrad features, the selectors will also take it into consideration. The Mats Ibstitute have summarised practice across Oxford here:
https://www.maths.ox.ac.uk/study-here/undergraduate-study/maths-admissions-test
I wondered what everyone's opinions were on adding module grades/results to the ucas application?
I have a 4 As at AS, but I have Bs in a couple of modules.
Will it affect my chances of getting an interview if I list my module results compared to if I don't?
I don't want it to look like I'm hiding anything.
Are GCSEs and the ELAT the most important things taken into consideration for shortlisting English Applicants? Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing the BMAT for medicine too! I'm applying to St. Hugh's college. Where are you applying? (Or any other future doctors?)
Original post by gkallikas
I'm doing the BMAT for medicine too! I'm applying to St. Hugh's college. Where are you applying? (Or any other future doctors?)

I've gone for St John's :smile: I love St Hugh's college too though, it's beautiful!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by emem2011
I've gone for St John's :smile: I love St Hugh's college too though, it's beautiful!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, it is! I think it's known for its gardens. But St John's has that old-timey castle feel to it that's gorgeous too!
Original post by BrasenoseAdm
The two most important criteria are the MAT and prior attainment (usually GCSEs).
If your application documents exceptional circumstances or other non-standrad features, the selectors will also take it into consideration. The Mats Ibstitute have summarised practice across Oxford here:
https://www.maths.ox.ac.uk/study-here/undergraduate-study/maths-admissions-test

Thanks for the information- I read somewhere that they use number of A*'s at GCSEs- is this what you mean by 'prior attainment (usually GCSEs)'?
I'm applying for Medicine :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's great! :smile:

How are you preparing for the bmat? im really struggling
Which college did you apply to for Medicine? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

LMH :h: how about you?
Original post by gkallikas
Yeah, it is! I think it's known for its gardens. But St John's has that old-timey castle feel to it that's gorgeous too!

I just love Oxford in general! I know there's a really small chance of me getting in but I had to take the risk haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's great! :smile:

How are you preparing for the bmat? im really struggling

I'm finding it really difficult too, it's so tough because it's really in depth GCSE knowledge🙈 I'm just practising questions right now and trying to find a technique

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thechemistress
LMH :h: how about you?

I applied to St John's, I love it there :biggrin: I'm so nervous, I've already convinced myself I have no chance but I really want to get an interview haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Eux
Thanks for the information- I read somewhere that they use number of A*'s at GCSEs- is this what you mean by 'prior attainment (usually GCSEs)'?

Yes - note that the preferred measure is usually the proportion of A*s rather than the absolute number. But as stated, GCSE results are also put in the context of the typical attainment level of a given school where the school is located in an area of above-average deprivation.

Latest

Trending

Trending