Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by elliemayxo
I pity you even more.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw cutie x
Original post by tehforum
You didn't address my post.

Yeah I did. I said it was wrong.
Apparently thats how debates work these days. With statements, not arguments.
Reply 64
Original post by AzimH
I just seen her post.. You're right, this is exactly what I was talking about.

Would have repped you again but can't :frown:

Smh, some people never learn huh.

Go rep a bunch of people and then you can rep me again :biggrin:
It's such a taboo subject when anybody speaks about this and it winds me up. Why is it ok for people to come here and throw their religion in our faces but if white British people went over there, it would be a completely different story? Yes, I really did just say that.

I want an answer as to why it's ok over here but not over there. I wish this country would knuckle down a bit and not be scared of making rules that are legit and understandable and not have the fear of being called racist. I'm sick of that word being thrown around.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Emily.97
The context is very different. If a muslim covers their face, it is logical for one to assume that that is because of religious beliefs. When considering that, i wouldn't view that person as somebody who does or tries to intimidate. You could also argue (Im no expert) that its a rule of some sorts to wear it.

Whereas those in hoodies choose to wear hoodies, and it isn't for a reason like religion. They're following a norm and are aware of the fact that it is intimidating, and even take advantage of that. It would be deemed uncivilised and inappropriate to wear a hoody in a hospital, for example, but it is completely different when thinking about religious people who cover their faces, and their reasons for doing so. If that is their belief, we aren't in a position to demand that they take it off. It is a very sensitive topic so you have to be careful, but i don't think there is a good enough reasons to wear hoodies.

Ultimately, i think both are very different scenarios.

The Burka is not even a religious requirement sigh. You need to educate yourself on this issue before offering your opinions. Its a culture thing just like a hoody or balaclava but with even more sinister and reprehensable connetations (Hint women are ripe for raping if they do not cover themselves modestly)
Google Iran / Egypt 1970's

Even if it was a religious requirement, why on earth should that matter?? Are you pro circumcision because its a religious matter? Why do you think a religious requirement should outvie non religious rights?

How do you feel about my religions right to sodomise you? Not gonna deny me my religious rights are you? After all its more important than whats good for you or the rest of the wider society
It's such a taboo subject when anybody speaks about this and it winds me up. Why is it ok for people to come here and throw their religion in our faces but if white British people went over there, it would be a completely different story? Yes, I really did just say that.

I want an answer as to why it's ok over here but not over there. I wish this country would knuckle down a bit and not be scared of making rules that are legit and understandable and not have the fear of being called racist. I'm sick of that word being thrown around.

Posted from TSR Mobile

pls tell me where "over there" is, i'd love to know all abt this magical Islamland where white people "throw" their religion in Islamlanders' faces
Reply 68

Posted from TSR Mobile

Personally white person are more racist than any other colour from personal obversation, so what is someone who is a Muslim comes into a hospital with a veil doesn't have any affect into you same with someone carrying a Kirpan as a Sikh it isn't used as a weapon. So why do white people take a more hypocritical route so when someone carries a blade, gun as a white person you decide to not see it from a racist point of view however when a Sikh carries a Kirpan it's automatically considered a weapon? Are you lot feeling alright? You guys need to wise up because being white ain't the only thing in this world learn to coexist with other believes, if not one day youll never know what will happen to you.
At the end of the day, it's something that the medical profession has to decide on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
We mostly don't like it because it's different. However, I don't see a reason why we'd ban it. If the hospital management sees that the nurse is fit enough for a position at the hospital, then why not? If a patient doesn't like the nurse they can always swap her, can't they? It should come down to hospital management. On a side note, we should have organisations trying to educate women, showing them how veils are nothing but a form of female oppression and a sign of how the wife is nothing but a possession of the husband. It's not about being It's not even mentioned in the Islamic religion, why the **** do people still do that? There is nothing prudent or pure about hiding your face, nothing is purer than a true smile.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe you ought to educate yourself before you make an attempt to communicate with people. You'll find that religions such as Sikhism and Buddhism do not at all 'throw their religion in your face'. Instead they try to benefit the British people by feeding the homeless and welcoming people of all races and religions into their temples for help, something which deluded people like you don't do. And don't forget the contribution of the Sikh Soldiers in World War I, many of whom lost their lives to fight alongside this country.
Original post by oShahpo
We mostly don't like it because it's different. However, I don't see a reason why we'd ban it. If the hospital management sees that the nurse is fit enough for a position at the hospital, then why not? If a patient doesn't like the nurse they can always swap her, can't they? It should come down to hospital management. On a side note, we should have organisations trying to educate women, showing them how veils are nothing but a form of female oppression and a sign of how the wife is nothing but a possession of the husband. It's not about being It's not even mentioned in the Islamic religion, why the **** do people still do that? There is nothing prudent or pure about hiding your face, nothing is purer than a true smile.

I agree

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tazarooni89
If not, then surgeons shouldn't be allowed to wear a mask over their face.

Original post by geniequeen48
Well if they managed to get through interviews and have the qualifications, and have proven they weren't actually men in disguise then I don't see why not. You see surgeons with their facial masks, no ones complaining lol. I feel like I'm going to get blasted for saying this.

There is a very good reason why surgeons wear masks.

The two are not even remotely comparable.
Reply 74
Original post by preetg97
I don't see why you're complaining about Sikhs carrying their Kirpans, when you find more British chavs carrying around knives, guns and machetes. The only difference is that a Kirpan wouldn't be drawn on another person. It is not a weapon.

Yeah, sure. :rolleyes:
Original post by preetg97
Maybe you ought to educate yourself before you make an attempt to communicate with people. You'll find that religions such as Sikhism and Buddhism do not at all 'throw their religion in your face'. Instead they try to benefit the British people by feeding the homeless and welcoming people of all races and religions into their temples for help, something which deluded people like you don't do. And don't forget the contribution of the Sikh Soldiers in World War I, many of whom lost their lives to fight alongside this country.

You have no idea what I do in my spare time, so don't try and patronise me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Josb
Yeah, sure. :rolleyes:

Not all Sikhs carry a Kirpan. Only a minority do.
Original post by silverbolt
There is a very good reason why surgeons wear masks.

The two are not even remotely comparable.

^ exactly

Posted from TSR Mobile
You have no idea what I do in my spare time, so don't try and patronise me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Alright boo, don't get too flustered x
Honestly because countries like the UK are Christian dominated then I think it's better women with niqabs should work in muslim countries, they have to respect how the patients would feel, that's the important thing. Whereas in muslim countries I think it would be more comfortable for them to work. I think that's the best way, the face is really important especially if the person is worried they are going to die. At least a smile would be nice. Some doctors do need to practice smiling though, so niqab or no niqab they should have learnt by now how to comfort the patient. I think if women just wear hijabs instead when working then that should be fine.

Latest

Trending

Trending