The Student Room Group

Has my dua been awnsered? (Question to muslims)

[Bare in mind, we are not close - there is about 6ys difference which I don't mind as long as he is practicing]

So for the past 2 years I've been praying to get married when the times right and to be granted a righteous spouse. Recently, my grandma has told me wants me to marry my khalas son (mothers sisters son - aunty's son - my couisan) his mother brought it up so has my mum.

The very first question I asked was if he prayed his 5 daily prayers and all of them said yes. From what I have seen he has the quality's of a good husband: patients, trustworthy, respect elders, is able to clean after himself but isn't able to cook which isn't a problem because you can learn as you go. However, he wants a mehndi which I think is useless and should follow the sunnah way and would like a spouse who also thinks alike. And I'm not sure If he has any islamic knowledge/is seeking to learn more aboit his deen.
They thought to bring it up to my father but I would like to pray Istikhara first as they want to know if they should wait/not wait for me.

He is interested when he saw me at my uncles wedding however now i wear the niqab and I'm unsure if this would affect the marriage. He spoke to his mum and our grandma to take it further. It's just me whoes unsure as I feel I should wait 1 more year to discuss marriage topics.

What should I do?
Original post by Anonymous
[Bare in mind, we are not close - there is about 6ys difference which I don't mind as long as he is practicing]

So for the past 2 years I've been praying to get married when the times right and to be granted a righteous spouse. Recently, my grandma has told me wants me to marry my khalas son (mothers sisters son - aunty's son - my couisan) his mother brought it up so has my mum.

The very first question I asked was if he prayed his 5 daily prayers and all of them said yes. From what I have seen he has the quality's of a good husband: patients, trustworthy, respect elders, is able to clean after himself but isn't able to cook which isn't a problem because you can learn as you go. However, he wants a mehndi which I think is useless and should follow the sunnah way and would like a spouse who also thinks alike. And I'm not sure If he has any islamic knowledge/is seeking to learn more aboit his deen.
They thought to bring it up to my father but I would like to pray Istikhara first as they want to know if they should wait/not wait for me.

He is interested when he saw me at my uncles wedding however now i wear the niqab and I'm unsure if this would affect the marriage. He spoke to his mum and our grandma to take it further. It's just me whoes unsure as I feel I should wait 1 more year to discuss marriage topics.

What should I do?

Salaam sister. I think the niqab veiling to which the face is covered yet leaves the eye to be revealed should and is your personal preference and that should be a respectful/respected boundary to which in no way should affect your marriage. Especially for modesty purposes. I would do the Istikhara prayer and see if he’s the right spouse that would be my intention towards the prayer if you see a sign and message that it’s a positive one I would then therefore ask your father provided you are ready to escalate things further to giving your hands to marriage because clearly he rightfully has a genuine purpose and intention he’s made it clear to his mother and grandma before hand if there’s other topics to which you would like to disclose and discuss, discuss it further with him before giving your hand and escalating to marriage.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Mohammed_80
Salaam sister your Bengali right? I think the niqab veiling to which the face is covered yet leaves the eye to be revealed should and is your personal preference and that should be a respectful/respected boundary to which in no way should affect your marriage. Especially for modesty purposes. I would do the Istikhara prayer and see if he’s the right spouse that would be my intention towards the prayer if you see a sign and message that it’s a positive one I would then therefore ask your father provided you are ready to escalate things further to giving your hands to marriage because clearly he rightfully has a genuine purpose and intention he’s made it clear to his mother and grandma before hand if there’s other topics to which you would like to disclose and discuss, discuss it further with him before giving your hand and escalating to marriage.

Wa'3laykum'asaalam wa'rahmatullaahi wa'barakatuhu,

I am Pakistani, with discussing further topics its not possible to happen in person as we live in different countries so would by text be fine?

From what I've heard, he's not the most religious, he's doing his bare minimum which is required by us muslims - however, I am looking for someone who has islamic ilm and goes a little extra ie: prays tahajjud/is seeking to understand the quraan as I will be pursuing an aalimah course soon In'Sha'Allah. So do you think, depending on my Istikhara salah، should I think this as a possible spouse or wait patient for another potential spouse; because in islam we are not able to dismiss a good potential spouse so I'm not sure.
Original post by Anonymous
Wa'3laykum'asaalam wa'rahmatullaahi wa'barakatuhu,

I am Pakistani, with discussing further topics its not possible to happen in person as we live in different countries so would by text be fine?

From what I've heard, he's not the most religious, he's doing his bare minimum which is required by us muslims - however, I am looking for someone who has islamic ilm and goes a little extra ie: prays tahajjud/is seeking to understand the quraan as I will be pursuing an aalimah course soon In'Sha'Allah. So do you think, depending on my Istikhara salah، should I think this as a possible spouse or wait patient for another potential spouse; because in islam we are not able to dismiss a good potential spouse so I'm not sure.

I would definitely wait because you did say there are other things you’d look for in a potential spouse
Luv, he's your first cousin for goodness' sake so no, avoid that dutty incest!
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending