The Student Room Group

Is Game of Thrones any good?

I might watch it. I might not.

Scroll to see replies

yes
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
I might watch it. I might not.

It's amazing- so so so good, although like most things the books are better :tongue:/

Season 1-4 are top notch. You can't beat them. I didn't really like season 5 :/- it was only good not amazing which is what you're looking for/

So yes, watch it.
I'm thinking of watching it too. Would I need to read some background wiki info on things like each House etc or is it easy to get into without prior knowledge?
goat tv show
Original post by RainbowKiwi
I'm thinking of watching it too. Would I need to read some background wiki info on things like each House etc or is it easy to get into without prior knowledge?

you will read a ton of spoilers if you do that
Yes, watch it. Not going to find a more gripping show (especially as no one genuinely knows what is going to happen on it anymore).
Original post by RainbowKiwi

Reading the books definitely helped me(especially at start) there's no doubt about that but all the important aspects of the show that become relevant are mentioned, even if it is in passing and not super obvious.. I wouldn't read the wiki as it's filled with spoilers, if you want me to explain it- I'd be happy to.
Original post by Gwilym101
Yes, watch it. Not going to find a more gripping show (especially as no one genuinely knows what is going to happen on it anymore).

Hopefully TWOW will be out before season 6
One of the best TV shows
It's absolutely ****ing amazing, I think season 5 went off the rails a bit but seasons 1-3 are some of the best TV in my opinion.
Seems an overwhelming YES then. :biggrin:

I have only ever watched LOST on a TV series before, and I grew tired of it after 4 seasons (they jumped the shark).

I hope GoT is better at keeping interest.
Reply 12
I didn't like season one. It took me about a year to get through it :lol:

After that I binged my way through 2-4 and watched 5 on time. I think 2-4 are as good as it gets. Definitely worth a try if fantasy is your sort of thing!
Original post by ScienceFantatic
Hopefully TWOW will be out before season 6

I doubt it, but if there isn't a release date for it by the time season 6 ends I'm not getting TWOW.
Original post by Greg Jackson
you will read a ton of spoilers if you do that

Ok, will steer clear of reading up on it then fanx.

Reading the books definitely helped me(especially at start) there's no doubt about that but all the important aspects of the show that become relevant are mentioned, even if it is in passing and not super obvious.. I wouldn't read the wiki as it's filled with spoilers, if you want me to explain it- I'd be happy to.

Fanx I might take u up on that offer when I eventually start watching it :-)
I think it is a load of rubbish.
Reply 16
It's pretty awesome. It isn't my favourite TV show, but my dad and I both love it.
Original post by Gwilym101
I doubt it, but if there isn't a release date for it by the time season 6 ends I'm not getting TWOW.

Why not? I really hope it is.
Why not? I really hope it is.

I doubt it'll be out because it has taken him 4 years already and the previous one took 6 to write when he said he'd basically finished it after the third book came out.

I won't be getting it because he has been lazy and a massive diva about actually writing the damn thing if he could atleast have a release date out given that his entire book series so far has been produced, filmed and broadcast in the time he has failed to write it.
It's amazing- so so so good, although like most things the books are better :tongue:/

Season 1-4 are top notch. You can't beat them. I didn't really like season 5 :/- it was only good not amazing which is what you're looking for/

So yes, watch it.

U just h8ting on Stannis. :colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest