The Student Room Group

Hello, it's ADELE.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Little Toy Gun
That song with Ne-yo completely tanked. Stop embarrassing yourself. You should bring up album sales stats not singles if you're even trying to praise your Canadian Queen.

'Incredible' was No 44 in Canada and literally charted in no other country on Earth. At least LMBTL was No 14 in the UK and Top 40 in 5 others.

You brought up the single!!! And I said the song with Neyo because idk the name. And to you mentioning it I said "so what if it's trash?"

I even said in that same POST that her songs are **** but her voice is rich still.

Why are you looking at stats. Stats just reveal how people buy, it doesn't reveal a meter measuring who sings better loool
Original post by rat poison
Celine has been singing for decades.

She has been recording since the 80s.

Adele has been recording since the 2000s and already needed throat surgery :rofl:

Because Adele doesn't sing from her diaphragm. Because she can't.

Natasha Bedingfield in Wild Horses sounds way better than Hello, even.

Pink even sounds better Adele is mediocre but was the video and topic making it deeper, sure.

Hey enjoy your song, 7/10 though. I'm not saying she can't sing; I'm saying-calm down.

She started lipping in the 90s so not 'decades'. It's literally one decade.
ok I said in a following post that Celine's sound is **** but her voice isn't complimented by the music. Almost like producers/writers don't know what to do with her talent :u: Whereas Adele needs the beautiful ballads and cool videos.
You brought up the single!!! And I said the song with Neyo because idk the name. And to you mentioning it I said "so what if it's trash?"

I even said in that same POST that her songs are **** but her voice is rich still.

Why are you looking at stats. Stats just reveal how people buy, it doesn't reveal a meter measuring who sings better loool

This string of posts was a response to your response to my posting of ADELE's sales performance.

You claimed that Céline's new single would do just as well. Her singles have been flopping for years. Her last album comparable to sales of 21 was released 20 years ago, in a much, much better sales market, with much, much weaker single sales.
She started lipping in the 90s so not 'decades'. It's literally one decade.

You're trying to claim she never sang live since the 90s?

And can you count?

Recording since the 80s is decades.

And it's easy to criticize Celine because her voice on the tracks sound supreme, so you can hear the flaws live.
Whereas Adele it's like there's not much to fall from...
This string of posts was a response to your response to my posting of ADELE's sales performance.

You claimed that Céline's new single would do just as well. Her singles have been flopping for years. Her last album comparable to sales of 21 was released 20 years ago, in a much, much better sales market, with much, much weaker single sales.

I never claimed her singles would do better statistically. Idc about stats because Justin is one of the richest people ever and he sings like a 6 yr old girl.

I am saying the quality of Celine's voice would sound better. Her singles have been flopping for years (in your mind) because as I said the melodies aren't pop sounding. She goes for Barbara Streisand and Tina Turner sounds. Obviously 14 yr olds won't be licking that up.

No one in the world can say 90s Mariah, Whitney or Celine sounds worse than Adele, screw the stats.
You're trying to claim she never sang live since the 90s?

And can you count?

Recording since the 80s is decades.

And it's easy to criticize Celine because her voice on the tracks sound supreme, so you can hear the flaws live.
Whereas Adele it's like there's not much to fall from...

Can't really hear the flaws when she's just playing her backing track.

Singing just to record a song obviously doesn't harm the voice as much as actually singing on tour. Or smoking.

Starting from the 80s, ending in the 90s. One decade. She lipped way before the 90s ended.
yea and who sang that though? Celine.

Oh wait lemme guess you're gonna say computerized?

Even still, Adele's touched up songs couldn't compare to Celine's.

Celine's music as far as sounds is ****, but her voice is richer with more range than Adele. You don't even understand singing voice styles and terms, why do I bother.

Anyone can sound good and perfect with good enough engineering so it's completely pointless to use studio recordings to prove any sort of singing ability. Madonna sounded good on the Evita album.

Why don't we look at Céline's 'Taking Chances''s live performance on UK's X-Factor?

[video="youtube;T8i7MabPCpg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8i7MabPCpg[/video]

Off at times.
You're obsessed with lipping. Idk how old/young you are but I'm starting to feel this is a waste of time.
I never denied the woman has needed to lip. I never claimed she sells better than Adele.

I am saying regardless, her voice is richer because she sings from the proper place. Adele sings from her throat, not from her chest or diaphragm. She is vocally limited.

Celine is almost 50.

Adele is almost 30.

When Adele is almost 50, let's see how she sounds.

Now I'm off to replay Celine's Let's Talk About Love.

****Also since everyone gets their voice polished in the studio tracks

can you compare Celine's voice in ...hmm...*searches for example song* **** it anything she does

to Adele's?

Psh. Night night OP.
Danyka Nadeau > Adele
Laura Brehm > Adele
Anna Yvette > Adele
Veela > Adele
Meron Ryan > Adele

#JustSayin'
(edited 8 years ago)
Her voice is good but something is missing. It's not striking. It sounds vaguely full like it's coming from her throat and not diaphragm.

But she looks very nice, her face is everything, and the topic implied in the video is cool. I say 7/10. "Set Fire" is the best still I think.

I feel the same, but I am still grateful that talent still is considered in the music industry.
Original post by 06sulraj
I feel the same, but I am still grateful that talent still is considered in the music industry.

Of course. +1

Not saying she's not talented, just saying she's...ite.
I never claimed her singles would do better statistically. Idc about stats because Justin is one of the richest people ever and he sings like a 6 yr old girl.

I am saying the quality of Celine's voice would sound better. Her singles have been flopping for years (in your mind) because as I said the melodies aren't pop sounding. She goes for Barbara Streisand and Tina Turner sounds. Obviously 14 yr olds won't be licking that up.

No one in the world can say 90s Mariah, Whitney or Celine sounds worse than Adele, screw the stats.

If you've got nothing to contribute, don't respond to my post on the sales. I talked about sales and you apparently were bragging on about something completely irrelevant. But the way I see it is you keep changing your stance because you've lost the argument.

Also, Céline's singles flopping for years is an objective fact.

Her last hit that is comparable to 'Rolling In The Deep', 'Someone Like You', or 'Set Fire To The Rain' was...'My Heart Will Go On' in 1997.

Her last hit that will be comparable to what 'Hello' will do IF 'Hello' underperforms and doesn't become a massive hit, was 'A New Day Has Come' in 2002, which also was her last global hit.

Even in her BEST-performing market, Canada, Céline's singles have been flopping. Her last entries have been:

not charted
not charted
not charted
not charted
not charted
not charted
not charted

We have to go all the way to 2007 to get a No 9 single, which was in itself after 16 singles that didn't even chart, and the No 59-peaking 'One Heart' before that.

if we look at the world's biggest music market, the United States, her positions are even more tragic: not charting for the last 10 singles, then No 70 before that, another 2 not charted, then No 54, then 17 not charted at all, then No 45 after 3 not charted, which were preceeded by a No 17 minor hit ('I'm Alive' in 2002).

She's always been an album seller so I don't understand why you're acting like her singles' performance, especially in the last 10 years or so, is anything to brag about.
Original post by Imperion
Danyka Nadeau > Adele
Laura Brehm > Adele
Anna Yvette > Adele
Veela > Adele

#JustSayin'

Celine>Adele

I'll go to those people you listed though, no clue who they are.

I mean can Adele even hit that high pitched note that I've heard even teenage Asian girls do in talent contests? :rofl:

[video]https://youtu.be/8rIL4lGG95s?t=2m2s[/video]

@Little Toy Gun listen to the quality and depth and sharpness of her voice, and don't say, too long. it's not even 3 mins.

HER NOTE AT 2:25 IS EVERYTHING/10.
(edited 8 years ago)
Danyka Nadeau > Adele
Laura Brehm > Adele
Anna Yvette > Adele
Veela > Adele
Meron Ryan > Adele

#JustSayin'

Adele earns more money in a day than you do in your life. Probably can beat you with just an hour but let's be conservative here.

#JustSayin'
You're obsessed with lipping. Idk how old/young you are but I'm starting to feel this is a waste of time.
I never denied the woman has needed to lip. I never claimed she sells better than Adele.

I am saying regardless, her voice is richer because she sings from the proper place. Adele sings from her throat, not from her chest or diaphragm. She is vocally limited.

Celine is almost 50.

Adele is almost 30.

When Adele is almost 50, let's see how she sounds.

Now I'm off to replay Celine's Let's Talk About Love.

****Also since everyone gets their voice polished in the studio tracks

can you compare Celine's voice in ...hmm...*searches for example song* **** it anything she does

to Adele's?

Psh. Night night OP.

If ADELE plays backing tracks only when she reaches 50, I'd bet that she'll sound just the same.

And dead at you trying to diminish ADELE's accomplishments by suggesting that Céline's next single will perform just as well on iTunes, then backtracking after realising that your favourite is at best owning only the lower region of the bubbling under charts in her native country.
Celine>Adele

I mean can Adele even hit that high pitched note that I've heard even teenage Asian girls do in talent contests? :rofl:

@Little Toy Gun listen to the quality and depth and sharpness of her voice, and don't say, too long. it's not even 3 mins.

That whistle was horrible in the beginning.

Also, so you're one of those who think:
higher = better
louder = better
Celine>Adele

Lel no one knows, they're anti-mainstream :tongue:

Spoiler

Adele earns more money in a day than you do in your life. Probably can beat you with just an hour but let's be conservative here.

#JustSayin'

I don't give a crap about what she earns, fanboy. I don't base talent on how much the artist earns. Lil' Wayne ears jack **** and is gobsmacking awful. Awful analogy, I know you can do better.
Lel no one knows, they're anti-mainstream :tongue:

Spoiler

how come you can put all those vids? I thought there was one vid limit but can you just click my video and just quick scroll to 2:25. And listen for 2 seconds to her note. Literally 2 seconds.

Then come back and tell me if Adele can do/has ever done that.

Quick Reply

Latest