The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

It might not be possible with the 12 day heads up .
Original post by thehollowcrown
ayyyy are you having fun w/ the HAT

absolutely Nat
Original post by james3254
I am, i have applied for law there :smile: What about yourself?

Oh God! Me too.

*gulps loudly*
Anyone here got any tips for taking the CAT?
Original post by hermionegrangcr
Same here. I haven't heard from New College yet, but I'm not at all worried bc I'm studying like crazy for next week

I got mine yesterday, did you?
Anyone heard from Merton? I am still waiting..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ForeignStudent32
It might not be possible with the 12 day heads up .

Pretty much this. I won't be able to get a tickets, let alone a visa in December on such short notice.

Also, does anyone know Oxford's policy on resits? I do CIE A-levels and I'm 90% positive I won't get an A* in maths - I'm doing the winter session exams and while one of my elective papers (M1) was really good, my pure paper (P3) was under extenuating circumstances and I haven't done well enough at all. In the event that I get an A I can resit in the March or May session and have my results by the 30th August, but in the hypothetical scenario that I have an offer from Oxford, will my resit be accepted?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by gemmabeth
I got mine yesterday, did you?

I got mine this morning :biggrin:
One week guys aejfksmzlakxal
Original post by tamara98
One week guys aejfksmzlakxal

You're scaring me Tamara!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by theonetruequeen
You're scaring me Tamara!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm currently away with my family for a weekend at the beach, I've been so stressed out I couldn't look at my desk without panicking ! :')
I decided to accept my fate and admit that I'll never feel ready for my exams :biggrin:
Original post by theonetruequeen
Pretty much this. I won't be able to get a tickets, let alone a visa in December on such short notice.

Also, does anyone know Oxford's policy on resits? I do CIE A-levels and I'm 90% positive I won't get an A* in maths - I'm doing the winter session exams and while one of my elective papers (M1) was really good, my pure paper (P3) was under extenuating circumstances and I haven't done well enough at all. In the event that I get an A I can resit in the March or May session and have my results by the 30th August, but in the hypothetical scenario that I have an offer from Oxford, will my resit be accepted?

I resat one unit of maths (we did maths a level in one year and then further maths a level in one year, applied for physics) and still got an offer. Particularly with extenuating circumstances I wouldn't say it'll cause a problem.
Original post by Lau14
I resat one unit of maths (we did maths a level in one year and then further maths a level in one year, applied for physics) and still got an offer. Particularly with extenuating circumstances I wouldn't say it'll cause a problem.

Congratulations on getting an offer ! How is it so far ? :smile:
Just got the acknowledgement email from Merton :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tamara98
Congratulations on getting an offer ! How is it so far ? :smile:

Thanks! Incredibly busy/hard work etc but lots of fun stuff too
Should I expect an email acknowledging they have received my written work (send as a PDF by email)?

Are there any other English/Oriel applicants who've sent off written work yet? :smile:
Original post by se123888
Any Human Science applicants?

Me!! what college have you applied for?
Original post by aasvogel
I study at Oriel, but applied to Wadham. I think my TSA overall score was aroun 68 - the TSA score is very important! If you do well in it, not only will you get an interview but you will be in with a good shot for an offer!

Aw, I applied to Oriel! Please tell me you love it there? :smile:
Original post by thechemistress
Good college choice :wink: there aren't many of us LMH applicants on here surprisingly :frown: What subject are you applying for? :h:

Chemistry :smile:, what about you?
Original post by Renaa
Me! What subject are you applying for? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

History and Politics, what about you?

Latest

Trending

Trending