The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EdwardElric
Had a blast at MCM! I didn't buy too much but I had a really fun time there, even if the trip there and back was exhausting. Also, saw the cutest Mako cosplayer there :colondollar:

Omg I was there today:colondollar: It was my first time so my bank account suffered more than expected xD
Such a great experience though. And I agree, some cosplayers looked so fab:love:
Original post by xDave-
Re Claymore: As far as I'm concerned, the best part of the series got animated (Teresa backstory), so I'm not longing for a remake. Would give it a watch if it happened though.

That and the War in the North were possibly the series' strongest points, story-wise, but after that the fights really began to escalate - I guess I just want to see those fights animated, preferably with the same staff and budget as Madhouse's current One Punch Man... meh, I'll keep dreaming. :p:
Original post by ivy.98
Omg I was there today:colondollar: It was my first time so my bank account suffered more than expected xD
Such a great experience though. And I agree, some cosplayers looked so fab:love:

It was my first time too, I definitely want to cosplay as someone next year. Looking into maybe doing a Killua cosplay if I can.

Weirdly enough I didn't end up spending as much as I thought I would, I'm very indecisive about buying things though. Just bought a few posters and a t-shirt. Trying to make my student budget last :frown:
It was my first time too, I definitely want to cosplay as someone next year. Looking into maybe doing a Killua cosplay if I can.

Weirdly enough I didn't end up spending as much as I thought I would, I'm very indecisive about buying things though. Just bought a few posters and a t-shirt. Trying to make my student budget last :frown:

Yeah same! I really wanna cosplay as Wendy from Fairy tail. Kilua would be such a cute cosplay idea ^^
Yeah I totally understand! Tbh it's soo overpriced its insane
Original post by ivy.98
Yeah same! I really wanna cosplay as Wendy from Fairy tail. Kilua would be such a cute cosplay idea ^^
Yeah I totally understand! Tbh it's soo overpriced its insane

Oh yeah I saw quite a few Fairy Tail cosplayers there, esp. Lucy and Erza. Wendy is one of my fav characters from that show, haven't seen any cosplays of her IRL though.

The weirdest cosplay I saw though was probably the guy who cosplayed as Rei Ayanami :eek: I always like seeing Eva fans though so it's all good!
Trailer for the upcoming Macross Delta :coma:

I watched the first episode of Brave Beats earlier, the only Autumn season anime that I skipped originally due to it airing so late. Doubt I'll be continuing with it, it lacked the charm and instantly-likable characters of Tribe Cool Crew, and felt more like a generic shounen battle anime with the dancing parts forced in as a gimmick.
Death Note is my favourite and my favourite anime character is the douchebag Sasuke.
Death Note is my favourite.
Is anyone here watching this season's High School Star Musical, Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry, Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai, Heavy Object or Hidan no Aria AA? And if so, would you recommend them?

As usual at the mid-season point, I'm looking for one or two new anime to replace those I haven't been enjoying... while I wasn't impressed with the first episodes of any of the above, I'd be willing to give them a second shot, so some help narrowing things down would be greatly appreciated. :biggrin:
I dropped Heavy Object after 4 episodes and I have no idea why I held on for so long. Can't say I would advise it and that seems to be the general consensus.
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Is anyone here watching this season's High School Star Musical, Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry, Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai, Heavy Object or Hidan no Aria AA? And if so, would you recommend them?

As usual at the mid-season point, I'm looking for one or two new anime to replace those I haven't been enjoying... while I wasn't impressed with the first episodes of any of the above, I'd be willing to give them a second shot, so some help narrowing things down would be greatly appreciated. :biggrin:

Watched up to episode 5 of rakudai kishi no cavalry.. it's okay the main girl who's a tsudere is also not "too" crazy i.e. misunderstanding everything. MC (guy) is also pretty strong, not useless with girls, the romance progresses refreshingly fast and the action scenes are pretty well details and the animation isn't lazy (still pictures). As for the other animes I haven't watched them as I read manga or light novels more then watch anime nowadays.

Onepunch man is released up to episode 5 I'd deffo recommend that. The story is great, doesn't take itself too seriously and the animation is great..not FSNUBW or 5CM/SEC but still great amounts of detail (if you haven't watched it yet :smile: )
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Random.guy
Watched up to episode 5 of rakudai kishi no cavalry.. it's okay the main girl who's a tsudere is also not "too" crazy i.e. misunderstanding everything. MC (guy) is also pretty strong, not useless with girls, the romance progresses refreshingly fast and the action scenes are pretty well details and the animation isn't lazy (still pictures). As for the other animes I haven't watched them as I read manga or light novels more then watch anime nowadays.

Onepunch man is released up to episode 5 I'd deffo recommend that. The story is great, doesn't take itself too seriously and the animation is great..not FSNUBW or 5CM/SEC but still great amounts of detail (if you haven't watched it yet :smile: )

Cheers! I originally skipped Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry because I've seen a lot of magical school harem anime, a lot of which featured tsundere characters, so it didn't strike me as overly original. But definitely a better first episode than that of the similar Gakusen Toshi Asterisk, at least! I'll give it another look, hopefully now the cliche character and setting introduction is out of the way, I can look forward to more action. :smile:

One Punch Man is one of the 18 ongoing series already on my watching list, and I'm not planning on dropping it. I'm enjoying the comedy so far, and as you say, the animation is spectacular.
Finished my Evangelion rewatch, I had been putting it off for ages but I'm glad that I finally got to do it. Preparing myself to revisit End of Evangelion sometime tomorrow.
Original post by xDave-
I dropped Heavy Object after 4 episodes and I have no idea why I held on for so long. Can't say I would advise it and that seems to be the general consensus.

I somehow missed your reply last night! :o: Thanks for the warning, though. The plot sounded alright on paper, but the first episode was a bit of a mess - shame to hear that's still the case.
So far I have to say I'm enjoying the sequels more this season. Had to drop Seraph of the end though, thought season 2 might have been an improvement from S1 but guess not.

Starmyu (High School Star Musical) is quite honestly one of the best shows I'm watching this season - it's really surprised me!
Original post by caraniel
Starmyu (High School Star Musical) is quite honestly one of the best shows I'm watching this season - it's really surprised me!

Thanks Cara, I'll give it another look. :biggrin:
I've signed myself up for Anime-Planet's Secret Santa again! :excited:

Holy crap I thought it was July still! Having blitzed some the Grisia shows recently i'm back into viewing again but not seen anything since I started plodding through Kill la Kill. I may as well run my Secret Santa again haven't I? :tongue: Will have to see when as i'm in Holland next weekend. Want to be my elf again? :colone:

Is anybody interested in an Anime Secret Santa for TSR (it'll be my third year running it)?
Roll call:
nixons
AJ
Cara
EdwardElric
Random.guy
IAmYourdog
Parz1val

Original post by kazyami24
Hi

Hi

Original post by Random.guy
Hi

Original post by xDave-
Hi

Original post by 06sulraj
Hi

Original post by caraniel
Hi

Would any of you chaps be interested in the annual Anime Secret Santa? Quite easy to participate in really. In a nutshell you pick 3 animes for the person you are 'picking for' whilst also receiving 3 animes to watch from your secret santa. I handle all the admin work so no stress involved really :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest