The Student Room Group

Mr M's Edexcel GCSE Linear Mathematics Higher 1MA0 Paper 2 Answers November 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ad4m
Q20: Watch A was 100% plastic
Watch B was 340° plastic and 20° metal.

Cost is in ratio 3:2 for metal and plastic.

360 x 2 = 720
340 x 2 = 680
20 x 3 = 60
680 + 60 = 740

740 / 20 = 37
720 / 20 = 36

So ratio is 36:37.

It was a pretty easy question, but I like many others fell into the trap of working out the area of the sector/circles. But it was only 4 marks.

so would u get no marks for working out the area of the circle??
Reply 61
Original post by Kmohazeb

I'm not quite sure, but considering it doesn't go towards the mark i would think not. However, it might've been possible still to find a ratio working it out that way. I would say no for now.
Reply 62
Could you help me with 15b, 19 & 24?
I dont remember any of the questions.
Original post by ad4m
I'm not quite sure, but considering it doesn't go towards the mark i would think not. However, it might've been possible still to find a ratio working it out that way. I would say no for now.

I think I wrote 360 divided by 5 (because the ratios added up to 5) and 340 divided by 5 then multiplied it with the area of the circles or the ratio or something among those lines idk...looking at the question now is easy! just annoys me that I didn't get it right during the exam...
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 64
I think I wrote 360 divided by 5 (because the ratios added up to 5) and 340 divided by 5 then multiplied it with the area of the circles or something among those lines idk...looking at the question now is easy! just annoys me that I didn't get it right during the exam...

Yeah me too! if it was nearer the front I would've done it easily. But they put some easier questions at the back to confuse us!
Reply 65
Does anyone have a copy of the values used in Q24? I don't have a copy of the paper and need the values to work out the answer? I remember the angle was about 40° but can't remember the length?
What if you didn't simplify??,,
Reply 67
Original post by TaraG9238
What if you didn't simplify??,,

I reckon you'd still get 3 marks out of the 4.

1 mark I expect.
For the stratified sampling question I wrote 10 instead of 9. Does this mean I will drop a mark?
I didn't simplify the probability on the last question. Would I lose any marks?

Also, what was Question 11a?
Reply 71
Original post by harry412
I didn't simplify the probability on the last question. Would I lose any marks?

Also, what was Question 11a?

No, you wouldn't lose any marks (you dont usually need to simplify unless asked normally, they'll accept both answers)

Question 11a was:

3x2 = 147
Answer x = 7
Reply 72
Original post by Pastels123
For the stratified sampling question I wrote 10 instead of 9. Does this mean I will drop a mark?

Yes I think you would
Reply 73
Can anyone remember the length for question number 24?
can anyone tell me how they got 49 minutes?
does anyone know the grade boundaries for november 2015? i know that in June 2015 it was 65 for a C
I wrote 11b as a decimal (found the fraction then did 1 divided by 8). Will I lose any marks?
Reply 77
Original post by cjtesfaye
does anyone know the grade boundaries for november 2015? i know that in June 2015 it was 65 for a C

They're not released until the day before results are issued.
I got around 120/200 what grade do you think that would be?
Reply 79
Original post by harry412
I wrote 11b as a decimal (found the fraction then did 1 divided by 8). Will I lose any marks?
I think you should get the mark, not entirely sure tho

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending