The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ForeignStudent32
Allocation is assigned randomly, I think by the time of submission or something. When each college usually considers x applicants per year, all the applicants after number x gets moved to other colleges. Allocation is not based on how good you are because you are allocated before they read your file.

How can they know to re-allocate you for interview if they don't look at your file?
Original post by BritishBean
Not too far off mine! Except I spent a year doing Astrophysics at UCL and am now applying for biology :biggrin: Where else have you applied?

Amazing for getting in to do what you did first time though, congrats! Durham and York have already offered unconditional places (which is a huge relief - Durham and Oxford are my joint-first-choice unis) and then Oxford and UCL are taking their sweet time getting back to me :') how about you?
Original post by merrigold
Just got an invitation for interview for Computer Science at Oriel! I'm so surprised!!!

congrats! you're probably the first applicant to have heard from cs! may i know your stats please?

I've applied to St Anne's for Maths and Compsci :smile:
Original post by connieiscrazy
How can they know to re-allocate you for interview if they don't look at your file?

They reallocate you before looking in some cases, I think. Your "new" college decides whether to invite you.
Why does the Cambridge part have so many more posts ... even tho we have more applicants.

Because we're better.
Original post by jonwithnoname
Amazing for getting in to do what you did first time though, congrats! Durham and York have already offered unconditional places (which is a huge relief - Durham and Oxford are my joint-first-choice unis) and then Oxford and UCL are taking their sweet time getting back to me :':wink: how about you?

Well done! I've got unconditionals from Nottingham and Bristol, interview at Ox and waiting on UEA and Durham. UEA is probably my second choice although Durham looks very nice!
Original post by DesignPredator
Because we're better.

at spamming?
Original post by connieiscrazy
It said in my email 'You will be invited to interview at Oxford'....

However, each college;s invitation email is different.
However, each college;s invitation email is different.

True, mine just had "interview invitation" in the subject
Original post by DesignPredator
Because we're better.

Init much better. Hence we have to interview so many people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
They are not going to judge you based on your clothes. Or else everyone will be going in tuxedos.

Quite true - but still it does seem more reasonable to present yourself well than to not.
Any Econ Management shortlisted yet?
Original post by nhabib3
Any Econ Management shortlisted yet?

TSA people are still waiting it seems
Original post by DanieleZ
TSA people are still waiting it seems

Past threads seem to suggest that anyone who had to take the TSA can probably expect an invite in the latter-half of next week (PPE applicant here). How did you think your TSA went? ( @nhabib3 )
(edited 8 years ago)
I GOT AN INTERVIEW! WOO!

They want me for four days though, what could that possibly mean?!?!?!?!
Original post by Edminzodo
I GOT AN INTERVIEW! WOO!

They want me for four days though, what could that possibly mean?!?!?!?!

Hi! Congratulations!!! Which college/course?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by 9dobbo1
Past threads seem to suggest that anyone who had to take the TSA can probably expect an invite in the latter-half of next week (PPE applicant here). How did you think your TSA went?

I'm PPE as well. It was okay, I always finish with plenty of time to spare but I tend to make mistakes because I don't read the questions properly, so I don't know how well I managed to deal with that. And my essay was meh, my argument formed while I was writing and I could've structured it better, but at least it was coherent.

I really, really don't want to wait until next week. :|
Original post by BritishBean
Well done! I've got unconditionals from Nottingham and Bristol, interview at Ox and waiting on UEA and Durham. UEA is probably my second choice although Durham looks very nice!

That's fantastic, congrats! Notts is a decent enough uni, what college have you applied to in Durham? :smile: what's attractive about UEA? It's never somewhere I've looked at with much thought tbh...
I got an interview for law at new college this morning!
Original post by Britha
Hi! Congratulations!!! Which college/course?

Queen's for Oriental Studies! Where have you applied? What subject?

Latest

Trending

Trending