The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Oakflame
Hoping to be invited, but at this point I just want a decision, regardless of the outcome :frown: A few PPE invites came Monday, and more and more yesterday and today. None for my college though :afraid: To be fair I haven't encountered anyone else applying for PPE at Worcester!

I think it all comes down to the TSA, really. If you feel like you did well you probably have nothing to worry about...:biggrin:
You could check the statistics for PPE on the website, see how many applicants on average get shortlisted
Original post by Oakflame
Yaay found someone :biggrin: How do you think the TSA went?

Weeell, the first part was okay I think, it wasn't super good because I answered randomly 5 questions ( mostly maths questions aha ) . But the second part, weeeeell, I never in my whole entire life wrote an essay like this one, it was really childish aha , and I panicked I think, all my ideas were completely lost somewhere in the universe but certainly not in my brain . Worst part, ideas came back when I gave my paper aha . Well, the second part isn't a sample of my abilities of answering a political philosophy question aha
And you ?:smile:
Original post by em_lrob
Correct me if I'm wrong, but did they send out your law interview invite later than most other colleges? That's whats bugging me at the moment, that other colleges are sending out invites and Univ seems to be a couple days behind!

yeah they did, Univ didn't send any interviews out before Monday, I don't know why, although many colleges sent Law interviews out the previous Wednesday-Thursday-Friday
Guys I got rejected

For PPE univ college

Best wishes for the rest of you :smile:
Original post by bellaofficial07
Guys I got rejected

For PPE univ college

Best wishes for the rest of you :smile:

Hey, when did you receive the email ? :smile: do you have other plans in mind ?
Original post by jonwithnoname
BNC, English :smile: you?

history!
Original post by Fatimzarzar
Hey, when did you receive the email ? :smile: do you have other plans in mind ?

I got the email at around 19.00
I doubt it. But anyway :smile:
Original post by bellaofficial07
I got the email at around 19.00
I doubt it. But anyway :smile:

Okay, thanks. Good luck for the rest 😃
Original post by LoveToArgue
yeah they did, Univ didn't send any interviews out before Monday, I don't know why, although many colleges sent Law interviews out the previous Wednesday-Thursday-Friday

It is so frustrating!! They seem to have given out PPE interviews around the same time as other colleges though, so I have hope that they'll be slightly more on time for my course
Original post by Samuel Spade
Has anyone heard anything from Christ Church for PPE?

I'm applying for PPE at Christ Church too, and no I've not heard anything yet.
Reply 6930
Original post by em_lrob
I echo this - Univ what's going on???

I was reallocated from Brasenose to Univ and got an interview from them for Chemistry on Monday, you should hear soon :smile:
Original post by ada1197
Does anybody know something about Hertford and when it is going to send invitations/rejections?

Hertford have given out History offers
Reply 6932
How much emphasis will be put on the personal statement in the interview (especially for English)?
Original post by JDHOrchard
history!

Best of luck - please let me know whether you get summoned or not if you can :smile:
Original post by eddso
How much emphasis will be put on the personal statement in the interview (especially for English)?

I got to see a live English interview at Oxford as part of an application day, and they use your PS to choose the texts to discuss with you. Depending on your college, you are given a poem/text to read and analyse in front of them which often forms the bulk of the interview, as well as talking about texts you've studied before. It looked like quite a chill, relaxed interview and the interviewer was lovely. She was from Brasenose :smile:
Sorry it took me so long to see- I also applied for Trinity (physics though) and haven't heard back. But two friends of mine who also have applied to Trinity got an interview (Biochemistry and Chemistry)- hope this helps
Any English applicants heard anything?
hahah i'm panicking now that all the ppe interviews seem to be coming in
anyone hear anything from st john's???
Original post by antigone-
I got to see a live English interview at Oxford as part of an application day, and they use your PS to choose the texts to discuss with you. Depending on your college, you are given a poem/text to read and analyse in front of them which often forms the bulk of the interview, as well as talking about texts you've studied before. It looked like quite a chill, relaxed interview and the interviewer was lovely. She was from Brasenose :smile:

Me too! I remember the lady from Brasenose (she was wonderful wasn't she?) but we had the benefit of the Merton facilities and grounds did we not?
I am very glad that I went; it really is important that people rest a little easier in the knowledge that the interview is meant as a relaxed discussion rather than a forceful interrogation. :biggrin:
Original post by Geems123
Any English applicants heard anything?

I haven't... Which college did you apply to? I applied to Corpus Christi and I haven't seen them hand out any offers for interview yet!

Latest

Trending

Trending