The Student Room Group

January Edexcel Chemistry IAL Unit 1 2016 (Thread)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by SaadKaleem
Yes, I got the ICl3 right, i posted above.

For the ionic equation, i wrote this:

H2SO4 + 6H+ + 6e- --> 4H2O + S

---

Prep of slaked lime (Ca(OH2) from CaCO3 (Two stages)

I wrote, CaCO3 --> CaO + CO2 and CaO + H2O --> Ca(OH)2 and high temp condition etc.

damn, that seems right to me. So bad, that mine had nothing to do with that lol. I think you got it right :smile:
Original post by dnac5
I studied for it last year, im just re sitting it as i got a B, and im trying to get a higher grade. I studied from the Unit 3 & & edexcel book. But I did notes on them, if you want them, they're hand written though :/ Any questions i can help you wit, as i have a bit of experience on it

Oh thanks a lot. I've got my own notes too. I guess I'll just go through the study guide and if i come across anything difficult I'll ask you for help c:
Reply 142
Original post by Zeekay98
Oh thanks a lot. I've got my own notes too. I guess I'll just go through the study guide and if i come across anything difficult I'll ask you for help c:

Yeah, and just do past papers, thats where you learn more. Im sure itll go better tan this one, or at least a bloody damn hope so hahaha
Original post by dnac5
damn, that seems right to me. So bad, that mine had nothing to do with that lol. I think you got it right :smile:

I luckily did the ionic equation, a day before.
Original post by dnac5
Yeah, and just do past papers, thats where you learn more. Im sure itll go better tan this one, or at least a bloody damn hope so hahaha

Sure. All the best! c:
What do you guys think the grade boundary for A will be for the Unit 2 Chem Exam?
Reply 146
What do you guys think the grade boundary for A will be for the Unit 2 Chem Exam?

I would say an A is 55 or 56, it was a tough paper

I think it should be somewhere between 55-60 for an A
What do you say?
Original post by Nashaat
I would say an A is 55 or 56, it was a tough paper

I think it should be somewhere between 55-60 for an A
What do you say?

Well I don't think it will go as low as 55.

Might be around 58-60.
Well I don't think it will go as low as 55.

Might be around 58-60.

Are you giving unit 3 chem?
Are you giving unit 3 chem?

Yes.
Yes.

Do we need to know the born haber cycles?
Do we need to know the born haber cycles?

No, not for unit 3.
No, not for unit 3.

Oh, alright.
What do you think is the best way to revise this unit? I'm really struggling with this one :s-smilie:
Oh, alright.
What do you think is the best way to revise this unit? I'm really struggling with this one :s-smilie:

Do all the past papers, you should be good. :smile:
Do all the past papers, you should be good. :smile:

Sure. Thankyou!!
Oh, alright.

Read through and remember ALL the tests for different functional groups. I have some notes on them. They are really easy and broken down. Do you want them? I tried attaching it here but its too large.
Original post by Sandy_Vega30
Read through and remember ALL the tests for different functional groups. I have some notes on them. They are really easy and broken down. Do you want them? I tried attaching it here but its too large.

Do you mind sending me the notes you've made for unit 3? I'm also struggling with it and it's tomorrow.
Original post by Sandy_Vega30

Oh thanks a lot but I've managed to get my head round those tests :smile:
All the best!
Original post by Abdel.Ibrahim
Do you mind sending me the notes you've made for unit 3? I'm also struggling with it and it's tomorrow.

I can but i dont know how coz the file is too large! Can you private message me your email? i ll send them to you over there.

Quick Reply

Latest