The Student Room Group

Henrietta Barnet Help Needed

I just want to know when do you do the interviews and if you need to do an exam? I thought we had to but I didn't see it mentioned on the website.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Zaza2000
I just want to know when do you do the interviews and if you need to do an exam? I thought we had to but I didn't see it mentioned on the website.

nope u don't need to when applying for their sixth form.
Reply 2
Original post by abc2626
nope u don't need to when applying for their sixth form.

Thanks, so they just look at my report? Do/did you go to the school?
Reply 3
Thanks, so they just look at my report? Do/did you go to the school?

look at your predicted grades and then give you a conditional offer based on that. they say you need at least 6 As. I don't go to the school but I'm applying
Reply 4
Original post by abc2626
look at your predicted grades and then give you a conditional offer based on that. they say you need at least 6 As. I don't go to the school but I'm applying

Ah right, have you got anything back from them? That's cool.
What subjects you taking?
Reply 5
Ah right, have you got anything back from them? That's cool.
What subjects you taking?

my teacher still has to fill out my reference but apparently you don't hear back from them until march. umm I'm taking maths, geography, french and chemistry. Wbu?
Reply 6
Original post by abc2626
my teacher still has to fill out my reference but apparently you don't hear back from them until march. umm I'm taking maths, geography, french and chemistry. Wbu?

They said to give the email of you Head of Year so they can email him, but he got nothing back. I don't know what to do, maybe I should email them? Pretty cool subjects you're taking, I am taking Maths, Chemistry, Biology and German.
Reply 7
They said to give the email of you Head of Year so they can email him, but he got nothing back. I don't know what to do, maybe I should email them? Pretty cool subjects you're taking, I am taking Maths, Chemistry, Biology and German.

did you fill out an online application form? if so, they should have emailed him the reference to fill out. if they haven't, try emailing them or filling in another form?
Reply 8
Original post by abc2626
did you fill out an online application form? if so, they should have emailed him the reference to fill out. if they haven't, try emailing them or filling in another form?

Yup I did it, I even checked my responses they emailed me, and everything was correct. When do you have to hand the references in?
Reply 9
Yup I did it, I even checked my responses they emailed me, and everything was correct. When do you have to hand the references in?

I have no idea
Reply 10
Original post by abc2626
I have no idea

I'll probably email them tomorrow morning, thanks for the help. :smile:
Anyone from your school applying to HBS?
Reply 11
I'll probably email them tomorrow morning, thanks for the help. :smile:
Anyone from your school applying to HBS?

not that I know of. u?
Reply 12
Original post by abc2626
not that I know of. u?

I don't think anyone is applying either.
Hey guys I've applied there too but if I don't get in which sixth do you think is better Alexander park or fortismere

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Hey guys, I've applied there as well. Have any of you got an email or anything saying that they've received your reference from your school? I applied in November and heard nothing back so I'm a little worried that my school hasn't received the reference form they're suppose to fill in

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by _HS
Hey guys, I've applied there as well. Have any of you got an email or anything saying that they've received your reference from your school? I applied in November and heard nothing back so I'm a little worried that my school hasn't received the reference form they're suppose to fill in

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, I have the same problem as you, they emailed me back on Friday and said that they sent it that day and my head of year should get it tomorrow. I ask my HoY today and he said no. My mum called the school and spoke to admissions and she said it takes time as they just came back and she said she wouldn't say that in the email which I find bizarre. She also said that they are taking a while and as long as you have received the confirmation email, that's all that matters.
Hope I helped :smile:
Reply 16
Hey, I have the same problem as you, they emailed me back on Friday and said that they sent it that day and my head of year should get it tomorrow. I ask my HoY today and he said no. My mum called the school and spoke to admissions and she said it takes time as they just came back and she said she wouldn't say that in the email which I find bizarre. She also said that they are taking a while and as long as you have received the confirmation email, that's all that matters.
Hope I helped :smile:

Thank you so much for your help! I have the conformation email in my mail box so everything should be fine. Did they say that they'll let you know when they've received your reference from your school? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by _HS
Thank you so much for your help! I have the conformation email in my mail box so everything should be fine. Did they say that they'll let you know when they've received your reference from your school? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

no exam but very hard to get in
your school's reference is also very important
Reply 18
Original post by _HS

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're welcome. :smile: They didn't send the reference, so my mum called the school up and apparently, my school received the email but they didn't. Best to call Henrietta and Barnet or speak to your Head of Year/admissions if they have the form. If not, you should definitely contact the school. My HOY called the school and they sent the form again. The next day, my reference was completed and sent back to HBS.
Reply 19
Original post by TeeEm
no exam but very hard to get in
your school's reference is also very important

What are the ideal grades?
Do they want you to have A*s in the subjects you are taking for A-Level?

Quick Reply

Latest