The Student Room Group

Ask A Henrietta Barnett Student - New Year Sevens

Hey all!
Firstly, well done if you were offered a place at the 11+ for Henrietta Barnett this year! I’m a student in the pre-GCSE years at HBS. As there are just a few days until the deadline to accept your secondary school places, if you have any questions about the academics or life at HBS send a message in this thread. There's lots to know about the life and I can imagine you will have many worries starting secondary school - I did too! I look forward to hearing from you and hope I can help ☺️
2 of my neices go to Henrietta Barnet and they are so intelligent and have such a high quality of education!!! :smile: lol
That's amazing - well done to your nieces! Hope they're loving it - it's a really good school in general :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by pineapple_24
Hey all!
Firstly, well done if you were offered a place at the 11+ for Henrietta Barnett this year! I’m a student in the pre-GCSE years at HBS. As there are just a few days until the deadline to accept your secondary school places, if you have any questions about the academics or life at HBS send a message in this thread. There's lots to know about the life and I can imagine you will have many worries starting secondary school - I did too! I look forward to hearing from you and hope I can help ☺️
HBS vs Latymer Upper at 85% bursary. Which one would you gi for if they are all the same distance?
Hi Uwush, well done! I can't decide for you as I know practically nothing about LU, but I'll tell you what I like and dislike about HBS!

community is great. everybody has found their place, little to no bullying and kind people. mentoring from older students is offered if you are struggling, and from what I hear the counselling is very good.

*most* departments are great (i'll expand on that in dislikes), the best ones are: English, Music, Science (from my experience but some other teachers in sci aren't good), History and Languages

extra-curricular is superb. there's something for everyone - the club list is on the website!

lots of extra responsibilities to take if you want to - there's School Representative, VEX team member and more as you get older.

I find it's a great sort of pressure, not too demanding and not too easy going - after all, you're at the #1 grammar school! but then I do thrive under (moderate!) pressure and I love academics with all my heart :smile:

Dislikes:

*some* departments aren't great - I won't name but anything I didn't mention before is either okay, bad or very very small (I'll expand on that).

others do often say the pressure is too much for them - I find this to be very untrue but best you hear from others too :smile:

umm so basically some of the departments (DT, Computing, Drama to name a few) are very very tiny - one or two people. not a problem as such but does lead on to my next point.

the school is broke. like properly broke. a teacher said it herself/himself. i won't specify too much but the school can't afford various things. it's not such a big problem but do consider it.

not a lot of GCSE and A Level options - no FM at GCSE, no CS at A Level etc. This is a hassle when choosing your options.

so personally I find it to be an AMAZING school - i think you should come here, but it's up to you! :smile: did you come to the open day for offer holders last week btw? it's good to know how the school is. let me know what happens though! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending