The Student Room Group

Michaela or Brampton Manor???

I have an offer for Michaela and an interview for Brampton. Michaela’s class sizes are extremely small and I’ve had a visit there, the school is strict but it’s manageable and I like the teaching style. I’ve heard some bad things about Brampton like how it’s extremely populated and that there’s a lack of support however their results speak for themselves…. Which one do you think is best? And if you go there what’s your opinion/experience. I’m doing English Lit, Econ, History and Politics for context.
Original post by deeeeeee1
I have an offer for Michaela and an interview for Brampton. Michaela’s class sizes are extremely small and I’ve had a visit there, the school is strict but it’s manageable and I like the teaching style. I’ve heard some bad things about Brampton like how it’s extremely populated and that there’s a lack of support however their results speak for themselves…. Which one do you think is best? And if you go there what’s your opinion/experience. I’m doing English Lit, Econ, History and Politics for context.

hi!
i can’t give you any help with this (i’m only in year 10) but you’ve picked the exact same a levels i want to do!!!
could you tell me what your predicted/mock grades are, and what extracurriculars you do? brampton’s a top sixth form so they must be good

THANK YOU!
Reply 2
Original post by studytee
hi!
i can’t give you any help with this (i’m only in year 10) but you’ve picked the exact same a levels i want to do!!!
could you tell me what your predicted/mock grades are, and what extracurriculars you do? brampton’s a top sixth form so they must be good
THANK YOU!
Hey! My predicted grades are:

English Lit- 9
English Lang- 9
History- 9
Business- 9
RE- 8
Maths- 7
Science- 7,7
French- 7

edit: forgot extracurriculars😅

I used to be apart of a debate club but I've stopped since year 11 is a demanding year and I don't really have the time for that.

I’ve also been coding which isn’t really related to my subjects for around 5 years.

However Brampton isn’t really concerned about extracurriculars and care more about your education. I'll be doing internships at different law firms and investment banking companies over the summer :smile:
(edited 1 month ago)
English Lit- 9
English Lang- 9
History- 9
Business- 9
RE- 8
Maths- 7
Science- 7,7
French- 7
I used to be apart of a debate club but I've stopped since year 11 is a demanding year and I don't really have the time for that.
I’ve also been coding which isn’t really related to my subjects for around 5 years.
However Brampton isn’t really concerned about extracurriculars and care more about your education. I'll be doing internships at different law firms and investment banking companies over the summer :smile:

thank you!
my grades rn are:
hpq- A*
art- 7
biology- 8
chemistry- 8
computer science- 9
english language- 8
english literature- 9
french- 9
history- 9
maths- 7
personal development- 8
physics- 9

i do debate too! we’re 8th place nationally in the league.

thank you! i feel so so confident now!

I would just go to the one that you personally prefer (assuming that the commuting time is roughly the same for both).

But that’s just me personally.
English Lit- 9
English Lang- 9
History- 9
Business- 9
RE- 8
Maths- 7
Science- 7,7
French- 7

also, because brampton’s a more science and maths school, are there still a lot of people who want to do humanities- are there still lots of resources and opportunities??
Reply 6
also, because brampton’s a more science and maths school, are there still a lot of people who want to do humanities- are there still lots of resources and opportunities??
I would say you should apply to the London Academy Of Excellence or Newham Collegiate because they seem to offer more support for students that do more humanity/essay subjects.
Reply 7
thank you!
my grades rn are:
hpq- A*
art- 7
biology- 8
chemistry- 8
computer science- 9
english language- 8
english literature- 9
french- 9
history- 9
maths- 7
personal development- 8
physics- 9
i do debate too! we’re 8th place nationally in the league.
thank you! i feel so so confident now!
Just aim for all 9s and you should be fine, that’s what I’m doing! Or ideally get 9s in what you’ll be studying at A Levels and make sure you know what you want to do at uni or as a career because they care about that :smile:
I would say you should apply to the London Academy Of Excellence or Newham Collegiate because they seem to offer more support for students that do more humanity/essay subjects.

thanks, what sixth forms did you end up applying to?
Reply 9
thanks, what sixth forms did you end up applying to?
London academy of excellence, Brampton Manor, Michaela community school, Newham Collegiate, Woodhouse College, Henrietta Barnet, St Dominic’s and Marylebone Girls
I wouldn't touch Michaela with a barge pole, but that's just my gut feeling. The stories of it remind me of how people talk about cults.
English Lit- 9
English Lang- 9
History- 9
Business- 9
RE- 8
Maths- 7
Science- 7,7
French- 7

i’ve been offered an internship at an investment banking company for summer, do you know any firms and other banking companies offering work experience?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending