The Student Room Group

URGENT: Water on the Land - 8 mark question (Geography)

Describe how river processes of transportation and deposition change downstream. [8 marks]
Reply 1
You should be pushing for the league title not doing geography questions lad
Reply 2
Original post by Ekno
You should be pushing for the league title not doing geography questions lad

Shush! Don't tell Claudio!
Reply 3
Original post by Jamie Vardy
Shush! Don't tell Claudio!

Hahahaha, heres a link to the changes mate
http://www.acegeography.com/how-and-why-do-river-valleys-change-downstream.html
Reply 4

I went on this yesterday :frown:
Reply 5
I went on this yesterday :frown:

you just gotta say what the process is and how it happens, piece of piss lad
Reply 6
Original post by Ekno
you just gotta say what the process is and how it happens, piece of piss lad

What would your answer be?
Reply 7
What would your answer be?

its been 2 years since i left school but itd say there are 4 processes of transportation - traction, saltation, suspension and solution, then mention what type of material each one transports. Then i'd say the reasons why rivers deposit it's loads such as flooding, shallow water inside meander, reduction in gradient etc
Reply 8
Original post by Ekno
its been 2 years since i left school but itd say there are 4 processes of transportation - traction, saltation, suspension and solution, then mention what type of material each one transports. Then i'd say the reasons why rivers deposit it's loads such as flooding, shallow water inside meander, reduction in gradient etc

Right. Thank you for your help.

Chat **** get banged.
Describe how river processes of transportation and deposition change downstream. [8 marks]

I'm not sure if this is correct, but I'm currently learning about this topic so here goes...
As the water flows along the river at a high speed, traction and saltation occurs. This is because the water has high energy, allowing large boulders to be carried with the water, and other rocks to be bounced off. As the water begins to lose energy, it no longer has enough energy to transport large boulders, but saltation and traction are still present. The rocks are mainly transported by suspension. The water slows down even more and reaches into a wide and flat valley where the water has no energy. Only suspension and solution occurs here.

Quick Reply

Latest