The Student Room Group

2016 Medicine Rejection Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by izzyvds
Anyone heard from Leeds, Newcastle or Edinburgh?

got rejected from leeds
Original post by izzyvds

What's your UKCAT score? I'm not sure if newcastle has given out all interviews
Original post by izzyvds

Leeds have sent out all their invitations to interview, Edinburgh don't reply until late February early March and I have no idea about Newcastle sorry! Good luck and try not to stress and overthink it
Original post by SteveLee_123
What's your UKCAT score? I'm not sure if newcastle has given out all interviews

I'm still in Newcastle limbo. I have 705 and haven't heard from them since the original confirmation and newsletter. I think I read somewhere that the have interviews as late as March but I could be wrong.

Edit: Got a Newcastle rejection on 3/2/16 with no email, just decision on Track.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 84
Got rejected from kings today :frown: bye bye my dream 😭
Original post by MisterRabbit
About a month ago I got rejected from Dundee for medicine. Ukcat 657.5, IGCSE 5 A*, AABB for AS. Said stronger candidates applied.
Was my last choice so don't feel bad.
Hope this helps somebody.

Are you under 20 or a mature non graduate?!
Reply 86
Original post by JannaX
Got rejected from kings today :frown: bye bye my dream 😭

Awh, sorry to hear that. Hopefully, you'll get/have gotten other offers though! Was it without an interview if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 87
Original post by Arusya
Awh, sorry to hear that. Hopefully, you'll get/have gotten other offers though! Was it without an interview if you don't mind me asking?

No offers as of yet:frown: got Birmingham interview next week and still waiting from Newcastle :/ but really not looking good and this was after interview:smile:
Reply 88
Original post by izzyvds

Newcastle send out offers after all interviews are over in March I think they said... I'm still waiting to hear from them too :smile:
Biomed undergrad at KCL, on track for a 2:1. BBB at A-level, 600 band 2 UKCAT.
Rejected from KCL on November 19th and Leicester on January 25th.
King's said I met entrance requirements but it's super competitive this year. (My UKCAT most likely let me down)
Leicester said I didn't meet the threshold for interview this year, which will be published sometime in March.
Waiting to hear from Cardiff and Keele.
Reply 90
Original post by morotibaby88
Biomed undergrad at KCL, on track for a 2:1. BBB at A-level, 600 band 2 UKCAT.
Rejected from KCL on November 19th and Leicester on January 25th.
King's said I met entrance requirements but it's super competitive this year. (My UKCAT most likely let me down)
Leicester said I didn't meet the threshold for interview this year, which will be published sometime in March.
Waiting to hear from Cardiff and Keele.

I'm so sorry to hear that, I got rejected from kcl too:frown: was just wondering how you got your reason why, did you email them? Thanks and good luck with the rest of your unis!!
Rejected post interview from Birmingham today
Original post by JannaX
I'm so sorry to hear that, I got rejected from kcl too:frown: was just wondering how you got your reason why, did you email them? Thanks and good luck with the rest of your unis!!

Hey, it was just included in the email they sent me, I didn't request any more information. Maybe check your king's portal thing? Sorry about your rejection and all the best with the rest of your unis :smile:
Reply 93
Just got rejected from Glasgow earlier tonight ☹️. At least this gives me even more determination for the interview at Aberdeen on Tuesday!
Has anyone been given information about Edinburghs "portal" (or whatever you call there system in which they talk to the students/applicant) regarding uploading evidence of grades, nationality, identity etc???
Original post by JS98
Just got rejected from Glasgow earlier tonight ☹️. At least this gives me even more determination for the interview at Aberdeen on Tuesday!
Has anyone been given information about Edinburghs "portal" (or whatever you call there system in which they talk to the students/applicant) regarding uploading evidence of grades, nationality, identity etc???

Sorry to hear that:frown: best of luck your for interview! No not yet and I was thinking the same thing? I'm not sure if they just ask for that info after they've given you an offer??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 95
Good luck for your interview on Tuesday in Aberdeen!! Do you know when the interviews are expected to end in Aberdeen?
Original post by JS98
Reply 96
Original post by JannaX
No offers as of yet:frown: got Birmingham interview next week and still waiting from Newcastle :/ but really not looking good and this was after interview:smile:

Sorry to hear about your rejection from kings!! However I wish you the best of luck for your interview at Birmingham in the coming week. If you wouldn't mind me asking, when did you get your invitation for interview at Birmingham? Also, do you have any idea when the interviews at Birmingham end?
Reply 97
Original post by SEBI16
Sorry to hear about your rejection from kings!! However I wish you the best of luck for your interview at Birmingham in the coming week. If you wouldn't mind me asking, when did you get your invitation for interview at Birmingham? Also, do you have any idea when the interviews at Birmingham end?

Hi! Thanks so much! And I got my invitation ages ago in November ahah but had to change dates due to a clash so I ended up being pushed right back until Feb and I think Birmingham stated that their interviews go on until March? So don't worry if you haven't got one yet! Unis can give interviews with like 1 weeks notice!!
Best of luck with your applications!
Reply 98
Ahh okay , thank you for your help. I'm still waiting to hear back from Birmingham and had also heard their interviews continued through till march but was not 100% sure.
Original post by JannaX
Hi! Thanks so much! And I got my invitation ages ago in November ahah but had to change dates due to a clash so I ended up being pushed right back until Feb and I think Birmingham stated that their interviews go on until March? So don't worry if you haven't got one yet! Unis can give interviews with like 1 weeks notice!!
Best of luck with your applications!
Reply 99
3 rejections:
Bristol
UEA
Leicester

Waiting for my inevitable last rejection from SGUL because I don't meet their UKCAT cut off. Why can't they just hurry up? It's mean prolonging the suffering :laugh:

Excited for my gap year :smile:))) (I'll keep telling myself that)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending