The Student Room Group

Question to do with phospholipids and triglycerides?

Ok so I have a question to answer but I've not really been taught the topic on it, it's a merit question so we barely get any help on it even if I asked I would be given very little to go off and I'm not that good at chemistry :frown:

The question is as follows:

"Fatty acids and glycerol can be described as monomers of triglycerides and phospholipids. Describe how structural diversity between different examples of triglyceride and phospholipids can arise from a relatively limited number of monomer units"
Original post by mrpopodopalaus
Ok so I have a question to answer but I've not really been taught the topic on it, it's a merit question so we barely get any help on it even if I asked I would be given very little to go off and I'm not that good at chemistry :frown:

The question is as follows:

"Fatty acids and glycerol can be described as monomers of triglycerides and phospholipids. Describe how structural diversity between different examples of triglyceride and phospholipids can arise from a relatively limited number of monomer units"

Do you know the structures of fatty acids, glycerol, triglycerides and phospholipids?
Original post by morgan8002
Do you know the structures of fatty acids, glycerol, triglycerides and phospholipids?

I do now, thanks for replying anyways.

Quick Reply

Latest