The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2340
Original post by trustmeimlying1
Dont get me wrong Im happy for yee all stunners.

But for everyone else remember theres a lot more than that.

Maybe we should spend a little less time on the physical and a little more on our spirit.

how do you propose one posts a picture of their spirit
Original post by RobML
how do you propose one posts a picture of their spirit

look deep into your soul young padawan

and take a picture in your mind for oneself
Original post by trustmeimlying1
look deep into your soul young padawan

and take a picture in your mind for oneself

My soul isn't very photogenic soz.

Reply 2343
Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
Isn't that sort of racist?

no

I want to be here at the gym. Look at how happy I am.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by RobML
no

Of course it would take white people who haven't experienced an ounce of racism to denounce a minority stating that it is in fact racism. You don't know what you're talking about.
Reply 2346
Of course it would take white people who haven't experienced an ounce of racism to denounce a minority stating that it is in fact racism. You don't know what you're talking about.

Saying a black person looks like a black person has never been espoused as racism to a noticable degree.
Just because I've never experienced racism doesn't mean I've never experienced critical thinking.

ey Black Cat you kinda look like the bassist from Metronomy

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by RobML
Saying a black person looks like a black person has never been espoused as racism to a noticable degree.
Just because I've never experienced racism doesn't mean I've never experienced critical thinking.

But Aladdin is not a real person is he? Critical thinking from your worldview is not accurate to everyone else views. White people see long hair and brown skin and immediately think ooh there's Aladdin. Am I a cartoon?
Reply 2348
But Aladdin is not a real person is he? Critical thinking from your worldview is not accurate to everyone else views. White people see long hair and brown skin and immediately think ooh there's Aladdin. Am I a cartoon?

Except not every brown guy here has been told they look like Aladdin. Any ethnicity could have made the same comment; why make it a whites vs you issue?
Original post by RobML
Except not every brown guy here has been told they look like Aladdin. Any ethnicity could have made the same comment; why make it a whites vs you issue?

Because only white people have said it.

Dude, calm down. I personally would take that as a compliment. If someone didn't intentionally mean to make fun of you or anything then why force a wrong meaning out of something? :u:

Spoiler

Reply 2351

Probably confirmation bias on your part. And even if that isn't the case, all ethnicities make the same kind of comments.
Original post by undercxver
Dude, calm down. I personally would take that as a compliment. If someone didn't intentionally mean to make fun of you or anything then why force a wrong meaning out of something? :u:

Spoiler

White people routinely lie on social media to gain the support of a minority or to hinder the discussion.
Its not about making fun of me. Nobody has ever said that I look like Aladdin in that picture before except on here so it makes you wonder. White people only have experience with other minorities via tv so someone with typical features like me and they relate me to their only known reference - Aladdin.
To lighten the mood, here's a tb to New Years :smile:

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1455152252.741213.jpg
Original post by RobML
Probably confirmation bias on your part. And even if that isn't the case, all ethnicities make the same kind of comments.

No, they do not make the same kind of comments. You think that you have authority to speak to others however you see fit.
Reply 2355
I would never post a picture on here, im not insecure like you guys. I look sexy.
White people routinely lie on social media to gain the support of a minority or to hinder the discussion.
Its not about making fun of me. Nobody has ever said that I look like Aladdin in that picture before except on here so it makes you wonder. White people only have experience with other minorities via tv so someone with typical features like me and they relate me to their only known reference - Aladdin.

I REPEAT I AM NOT WHITE.

You don't get the point do you? What I meant was you look good. Now please stop arguing on this topic because you're forcefully not taking a compliment.

:goodnight:
Reply 2357
You think that you have authority to speak to others however you see fit.

Well, evidence does have an authority over non-evidence.

At least Aladdin is hot m9

You have proof in my post that I'm not white (I'm Iraqi - the actual place of origin of Aladdin) and while I understand why you're irritated by their comments (not all people of the same race look the same) I don't think it was intended to bring you down or to make fun.

Aladdin is an attractive character with long dark hair so I think the comparison to you isn't meant negatively.

Latest