The Student Room Group

A Level Results Jumping: Get Ready Now !!

So in just over a week you will be getting exciting news !!

Naturally you will wish to celebrate with your chums in the traditional way.

But remember, jumping for joy can have lifelong consequences if done incorrectly.

So here are a few tips to help you enjoy the Jump in safety and comfort:

i) make sure that your body is ready for a burst of vigorous exercise.
during the next week go for 30 minutes of brisk walking each day. do some stretching and that as well.

ii) keep hydrated and well nutrified. a healthy body is a happy body.

iii) check that your footwear is appropriate for Jumping. you need sturdy shoes with good ankle support.
Stilettos are definitely not a good idea.

iv) your photo could easily end up in the National Press. make sure that any embarrassing tattoos and that are discreetly covered up.
double check for potential wardrobe malfunctions.

v) check your family's household insurance. there may be restrictions on claims involving Exam Jumping and that.

vi) practice the Jump with your chums. just turning up and doing one for the first time on the big day is asking for trouble.

vii) avoid highly technical Jumps. using benches and walls for extra lift can easily end in tears.

here are a few pictures to help:

ej1.pngej2.pngej3.png
Reply 1

Spoiler

I'm almost 33, over 6ft tall and the best part of 20 stone. My knees are shot, my back is gone and my feet are killing me. Can I not jump but celebrate everyone success via sitting.
We did a group jump shot at my school, I have it on my wallpaper. It's cool seeing how reserved I was compared to sum, which is why they airbrushed me out for the school website.
Reply 4
Original post by Fullofsurprises
We did a group jump shot at my school, I have it on my wallpaper. It's cool seeing how reserved I was compared to sum, which is why they airbrushed me out for the school website.

That's harsh!
Original post by Muttley79
That's harsh!

I thought that at the time! :cry2:
Reply 6
Original post by Fullofsurprises
I thought that at the time! :cry2:

At least people can't laugh at the photo in twenty years time ... think of it as an escape :smile:
Good luck to any students expecting A-level/level 3 results next week who find this thread (hopefully your results day will be more fun then mine .. I got rejected from my firm uni back in the day, but it all worked out well in the end so whatever happens focus on your goals & work towards them).

Try to enjoy yourself in the interim period but spend an hour or two planning for all realistic circumstances.
Reply 8
Good luck everyone. My youngest daughter is part of this years cohort, shes debating whether to go to school first or go on ucas track
Original post by Ghostlady
Good luck everyone. My youngest daughter is part of this years cohort, shes debating whether to go to school first or go on ucas track

I did both at the same time. By the time I reached the school, UCAS Track had loaded and I was accepted to Cardiff University. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest