The Student Room Group

Does anyone go to King Edwards and is currently at sixth form?

Just wanted to ask some questions if you attend King Edwards, or if you have in the past will be attending there soon.
Reply 1
Original post by Aimingforupthere
Just wanted to ask some questions if you attend King Edwards, or if you have in the past will be attending there soon.

There are loads of King Edward's schools. Some private, some state grammar, some comprehensive. Which one do you mean?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Compost
There are loads of King Edward's schools. Which one do you mean?

Which ever one really I just need advice on Grammar Sixth forms
Which ever one really I just need advice on Grammar Sixth forms

wat....
please be more specific...there are many King Edwards Sixth Forms in the country
Reply 4
Original post by homeland.lsw
wat....
please be more specific...

I was just curious about the work load and pressure in such schools and whether or not external students fit in to the atmosphere of the school.
I was just curious about the work load and pressure in such schools and whether or not external students fit in to the atmosphere of the school.

oh well I go to an all boys grammar school in London, so I could help...
workload depends on what A-Levels you take. Generally they expect a lot from ALL STUDENTS
Around 6/7 make it into Oxbridge from my school per year for a variety of courses.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
I'm in Upper Sixth of a King Edwards school atm. I'm internal not external but I can say that the majority of external students fit in well as long as you try and make friends. There is an external society sort of thing at ours where they meet up and make friends with each other so I imagine that's good to break the ice. my school particularly has high standards when it comes to education. Using the metric that homeland.lsw used, around 20-25 of the students in our year of 130ish make it into oxbridge and probably a dozen more into medicine. Coming from that, you'd think that they make you work your socks off, but I'd say that the workload really isn't that bad. It changes from teacher to teacher. Some teachers like to give you like 4 hours of work in 1 go and tell you that you have a week or more to do it. Some give you small half hour worksheets every lesson. I think I prefer the 1st way to be honest. I just end up using my free periods to do little worksheets I've forgotten about while playing pool lol. I'm not sure how big the workload is for comp school etc. so I cant compare sorry, but hopefully an external who went to a grammar school can chip in.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest