The Student Room Group

King Edward VI Camp Hill 2018

I’ve applied to the girls school for my sixth form and haven’t heard anything. Anyone applying for 2018 entry or anyone from past years have any tips for me? I’m desperate to get in.

Scroll to see replies

I've applied
I really want to get on too.
What subjects do you want to study?
Original post by Conniestitution
I’ve applied to the girls school for my sixth form and haven’t heard anything. Anyone applying for 2018 entry or anyone from past years have any tips for me? I’m desperate to get in.

I don't think I'm going to apply to Camp Hill Boys (it's past the deadline anyway), but I've applied to Five Ways and I haven't heard anything back either. They said they would check their applications in March, so I guess that Camp Hill has a similar process.
What were you predicted grades? I'm not sure if I'd get an offer since my grades are a mix. I'm predicted a 6 in one of the subjects I chose which worries me.
I've applied to Five Ways too.
My predicted grades are mainly 7's. I'm sure it will be fine with a six, just tell them you're getting above that anyway.
Yeah I’ve applied for the boys school but they say you’ll get a response by March. What are your predicted grades?
Original post by mxhfoozxh
I've applied
I really want to get on too.

I’ve applied for History, Economics, Psychology and Politics. I’m hoping I could provide diversity from the typical med student going there.
Original post by Gurdeepthelegend
Yeah I’ve applied for the boys school but they say you’ll get a response by March. What are your predicted grades?

Original post by korosensei
I don't think I'm going to apply to Camp Hill Boys (it's past the deadline anyway), but I've applied to Five Ways and I haven't heard anything back either. They said they would check their applications in March, so I guess that Camp Hill has a similar process.
What were you predicted grades? I'm not sure if I'd get an offer since my grades are a mix. I'm predicted a 6 in one of the subjects I chose which worries me.

I’ve got the following predicted grades:

Maths, English (both), Physics and History: 8
Computer Science, Biology, Chemistry: 7
French: 6 (I’ll probably get a 5)
BTEC Music: Distinction

However, my last set of mock grades were a bit lower (especially in English but that was my Y10 result):
History: 8
Maths, Chemistry, Physics, English Lit and Computer Science: 7
Biology: 6
French and Y10 English Language: 5

My school contacted Camp Hill about the English result to explain the age of it and I’m halfway through my last set of mocks now.

Thanks for all of the replies! It means a lot.
I’ve applied for History, Economics, Psychology and Politics. I’m hoping I could provide diversity from the typical med student going there.

I'm applying for History, Politics and Psychology too as well as English Literature.
Honestly same, a lot of my friends want to go into medicine and even though i'm quite good at science, it's not right for me.

Where else are you applying?
I'm applying for History, Politics and Psychology too as well as English Literature.
Honestly same, a lot of my friends want to go into medicine and even though i'm quite good at science, it's not right for me.

Where else are you applying?

Same! My friend wants to be a vet. I’m getting good science grades but it doesn’t interest me, I’d rather a legal/political/financial career.

Only other place I’ve applied for is Solihull Sixth Form College, entry requirements 44466. I put in an application for solihull college but I’m not accepting a position there, I hated it (and I’ll be able to hit 44466 anyway).
I've applied for Solihull Sixth Form too.
I didn't find it too bad, however, quite a lot of people are going there form my school and i'd rather not be around them for another 2 years.
I'm not accepting a place there due to that and their history course is not my favorite.
I've applied to Five Ways too.
My predicted grades are mainly 7's. I'm sure it will be fine with a six, just tell them you're getting above that anyway.

Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Computer Science.
I also applied to Solihull Sixth Form College, got an offer there but I haven't heard back from Five Ways. Ahhhh is anyone on this forum going to either? lol
I've applied for Solihull Sixth Form too.
I didn't find it too bad, however, quite a lot of people are going there form my school and i'd rather not be around them for another 2 years.
I'm not accepting a place there due to that and their history course is not my favorite.

My school feeds into there and Solihull College. I personally like it but I wouldn’t be doing history there, and it’s my only other option for distance travelling and I hated solihull college so I’ve accepted a place there and if I don’t get into KECHG I’ll be at SSFC.
Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Computer Science.
I also applied to Solihull Sixth Form College, got an offer there but I haven't heard back from Five Ways. Ahhhh is anyone on this forum going to either? lol

If I miss out on KECHG I’ll be doing Law, Economics and Psych at Solihull.
Is anyone even taking any of the courses I chose?? xD
I got an interview date for KECHG arrive in the post today!! 27th Feb.

SAME!
Hopefully, it will be good.

SAME!

Good luck :smile:
SAME!

See you there, aha!

Good luck :smile:

Thank you!
Check your emails guys. I got an email today telling me my interview tomorrow has been cancelled and rescheduled to the 12th March. I’m a bit disappointed I have to wait a bit longer but it’ll arrive in the end.
Check your emails guys. I got an email today telling me my interview tomorrow has been cancelled and rescheduled to the 12th March. I’m a bit disappointed I have to wait a bit longer but it’ll arrive in the end.

I didn't apply to Camp Hill but I'm not sure if I should've. My family doesn't like the idea of a boys school. Yet, I hear that the sixth form facilities are shared which makes it really confusing...

Quick Reply