The Student Room Group

Kendrick Lamar

Is Kendrick Lamar the best rapper of our generation? His songs are so meaningful and seem to come out of his heart.. PLUS HIS PERFORMANCE ON THE GRAMMYS YESTERDAY WAS LIT!!!! I feel like him and J Cole are on different levels..!

Scroll to see replies

lyric for lyric - since thats how i tend to judge musical talent in rappers... no, he's definitely not the best rapper of our generation

the overall performance was definitely very good, he's a good performer in general, but that doesn't change that his LYRICAL CONTENT really is not all that
Hitlor must fall! 1989 took his award!
His music sounds rockish.
Reply 4
Original post by Starmock99
Is Kendrick Lamar the best rapper of our generation? His songs are so meaningful and seem to come out of his heart.. PLUS HIS PERFORMANCE ON THE GRAMMYS YESTERDAY WAS LIT!!!! I feel like him and J Cole are on different levels..!

PABLO
PABLO
PABLO

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Satanas
PABLO
PABLO
PABLO

Posted from TSR Mobile

Kanye... Mehh. He's OK. But don't like him that much.... TOO DAMN ARROGANT
Drake is the best, there isn't even room for debate

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Kid Ink's new album is fire, he's clearly the best :u::u:
Reply 8
Original post by mkap

Na, drake is the one
Reply 9
Original post by SamuelUK
Na, drake is the one

TBH I really can't wait for Views from the 6 ! Gonna be FIREEE! It comes out 1 day after my birthday, what a present :smile:
Original post by Starmock99
TBH I really can't wait for Views from the 6 ! Gonna be FIREEE! It comes out 1 day after my birthday, what a present :smile:

I wonder if he'll still be attacking meek like he did in Summer Sixteen

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kendrick vs J.Cole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think J.Cole is better
Everyone to their own opinion
I agree with the Drake thing though!
Drake is Drake (No beating him) :smile:
Original post by mkap

Yesshh but I like Up and Away more.
Reply 13
Original post by ravioliyears
Yesshh but I like Up and Away more.

prsom :smile:
Original post by Underscore__
I wonder if he'll still be attacking meek like he did in Summer Sixteen

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you listen to meeks diss track? It's called War pain. It came out 10 mins after Summer Sixteen was released....! The song War pain had things about Summer Sixteen.. which means that Meek proved that Drake has a ghost writer :redface:
Yeah he's pretty good.
Original post by Underscore__
Drake is the best, there isn't even room for debate

Posted from TSR Mobile

i bet your top 3 rappers are drake, macklemore and iggy azalea !! i bet you think you know hip hop because you listen to RAP!! people like you shouldn't contribute to this debate so take your mainstream, chart-topping, trash views from this thread please

and to everyone who thinks drake and kendrick can even be considered on the same level, please don't comment!!
Original post by KungPooPanda
lyric for lyric - since thats how i tend to judge musical talent in rappers... no, he's definitely not the best rapper of our generation

the overall performance was definitely very good, he's a good performer in general, but that doesn't change that his LYRICAL CONTENT really is not all that

so who's lyrical content is "all that"? im intrigued
Original post by starmock99
is kendrick lamar the best rapper of our generation? His songs are so meaningful and seem to come out of his heart.. Plus his performance on the grammys yesterday was lit!!!! I feel like him and j cole are on different levels..!

yes he is the best artist of our generation
Shame he lost to Swift for Album of the Year... I suppose some people just can't handle being woke.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending