The Student Room Group

How much percentage of the Maths GCSE is D Grade would you say?

Well, my teacher lied to me.
He said that we're doing B grade stuff and he gave us maths watch and i saw every topic we done this year is D Grade...
What?
Original post by LearnForYOU
He said that we're doing B grade stuff and he gave us maths watch and i saw every topic we done this year is D Grade...
What?

50%
What?

probably 50%
Reply 3
What?

To be specific 50-59% :laugh:
40%
When I did my GCSEs a year early last year, to get an A*, you needed to get 155 and above. A was 124 and above, B 95 and above, C 65 and above, D 35 and above and E 20 and above. U= 0.

This was the Mathematics A Edexcel.

I recommend working VERY hard with past-papers, and to know the content well. CGP revision books are GOOD, but I would strongly advise getting a tutor to help you with the course content and also give you past papers for practice.

Do as many papers as you can, that's what really helps once you've learnt the content.
Reply 6
Yeah I've got a tutor, a lot of people do suggest working with past papers. When do you suggest I should start them?
ASAP?
What?

the way topics are 'graded' is subjective to some extent.
Reply 8
Wait are you talking about higher or foundation cause in higher you needed 95/200 marks to get a B and thats obviously LESS than 50% so how is a D 50%
Yeah I've got a tutor, a lot of people do suggest working with past papers. When do you suggest I should start them?
ASAP?

Do as many as possible with the time you have. I started pretty late last year, at April, but I managed to get an A with the stuff I did. I recommend you DONT start that late, and work as early as possible. I don't even know why you've actually waited so long, and you're actually asking "when to start". START NOW.
alright man lets go
Reply 11
Well if you're with Edexcel for Maths and are doing higher it's 17.5% for a Grade D whilst for 59.5% for a Grade D for foundation according to the grade boundaries for last year's GCSE exam. I can't say what will be the grade boundaries for the new 9-1 GCSE Maths but I think the grade boundaries will be tighter then before.

https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/Support/Grade-boundaries/GCSE/1506-GCSE-Grade-Boundaries.pdf

Grade boundaries percentage are ridculously low for the current Y11 spec based on last year ...

Quick Reply

Latest