The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

How good is Liverpool?

Why is Liverpool ranked so low on the league tables?

It's as if it's an average uni and it annoys me when my mates think other unis are better because they are higher.

So how good is it really and what is the reason that it isn't high?
(edited 8 years ago)
I was thinking the same. Despite being a RG uni, its got some of the lowest student satisfaction and employability I've seen!

But I've heard its a nice city..

I'm considering going to another university because of it tbh :frown:
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 2
Original post by basic1996bitch
I was thinking the same. Despite being a RG uni, its got some of the lowest student satisfaction and employability I've seen!

But I've heard its a nice city..

I'm considering going to another university because of it tbh :frown:

Tbf I don't really care about these rankings, it's 151st in the world rankings and I know it's a good uni I'm just curious as to why exactly this is..

What is the other uni you're thinking of?
Have you gone to any open days?

I'm stuck between either Reading or Kent, but i think I'll end up choosing Reading as my first and Liverpool second for politics

What about you?
Reply 4
Original post by basic1996bitch
Have you gone to any open days?

I'm stuck between either Reading or Kent, but i think I'll end up choosing Reading as my first and Liverpool second for politics

What about you?

I've been to Aston on an open day, really enjoyed it, but going to liverpools on Wednesday, so it will be between those 2 for me.

I too have an offer from Reading for business economics, didn't have a chance to go on an open day there but I watched the live broadcast of it on periscope, wasn't impressed if I'm honest.

With Reading the location and size of the uni doesn't appeal to me, I know Aston is a similar size but it's in the heart of Birmingham, and Liverpool is way better than reading in terms of location and the city itself.

If you're choosing Reading just because it is a few places higher in that league table then it's a big mistake, they change every year and they really doesn't matter that much unless the uni is in the top 10/15, plus Liverpool is way more established internationally.

I'll update your on what I think of Liverpool after the open day in a few days.
(edited 8 years ago)
Obviously higher ranked universities are usually better
Reply 6
Original post by sunnydespair
Obviously higher ranked universities are usually better

There are different league tables and they are all different, the domestic ones are compiled by journalists, for me the world rankings are more accurate.

Also it isn't 'obvious' there is no way UEA and Kent are better than Manchester and Sheffield, so you're wrong I'm afraid.
Reply 7
Original post by SlimShady96
There are different league tables and they are all different, the domestic ones are compiled by journalists, for me the world rankings are more accurate.

Also it isn't 'obvious' there is no way UEA and Kent are better than Manchester and Sheffield, so you're wrong I'm afraid.

You need to take into account alot of things. Ultimately having the title of a russell group uni is valuable. It may not be as great as many others but it isn't there for no reason. Also, you don't have to be at the best of the best to be successful after when it comes to jobs. Many students go to worse uni's and are in great positions afterwards because they focus on what is most important, how good their degree is. Imo, obviously try to go to the best you can but if there is no clear choice, take into account other things. Ranks change alot so don't take them as set in stone.
Reply 8
I went to Liverpool and was so impressed, the city is simply amazing, the Uni is amazing too, great facilities, great atmosphere and so many hot girls, but the lecturers impressed me most; they are very enthusiastic, honest and friendly, it seems like the perfect environment for me, can't wait til September!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending