The Student Room Group

Western Values: Rescuing DOG "refugees" in Turkey but not humans

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hussamhussam
I couldn't believe this http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/golden-retrievers-turkey-1.3463905

When hundreds of thousands of refugees are suffering and dieing no thanks to Western interventions you have people rescuing DOGS all the way in Turkey instead. Where are people's priorities!? Especially those who constantly boast of superior western secular liberalism humanism. Is this humanism?

So because humans are fighting (as they have been doing for thousands of years) animals should be left helpless and hurt as a result of human conflict?
Screw anyone who makes out that animals aren't worthy of protection or care, they're just as bloody worthy as we are.
ALSO. There are loads of charities, appeals, rescue plans, immigration laws supporting refugees and aiding their recovery and often rehousing them in safer countries - which by the way, is creating loads more problems - look at the Cologne incident, but that's a whole different thread.

Animals are amazing, dogs especially and ironically, the fact that we do pour so much money and energy into animal protection, care and rescue does actually demonstrate the ''superior'' (as you called it) modern attitudes of the UK and USA. I can tell a hell of a lot about a person by their attitudes towards animals.

Hugs for everyone who loves dogs :smile:
Original post by Arsenal96
Sexually assaulting women is part of radical Islam

Original post by Arsenal96
You need to read again. I said radical Islamists participate in sexual abuse. Then she said she wanted evidence for that. It's not rocket science

Ok, so I took your advice and read again. I've quoted what you did say because you've obviously forgotten. You said sexual assault was part of radical islam, not just that they participate in it. When she asked for evidence of this, she was asking for evidence of assault being apart of Islam. No one, I repeat, no one was saying radical islamists don't participate in sexual assault. I then said that radical islamists are not the only ones to participate in sexual assault. It's not rocket science.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Dogs are much better than the migrants who come to Europe as benefit scroungers. All dogs ask for is food and love.

So why not?

And before anyone asks, I'd happily take in rescue dogs from the Middle East. Arab men who are too wimpish to fight for their country? Nah Benedict Cumberbatch can.

Or Jude Law. Let him take a dozen or so into his mansion.
Original post by queen-bee
Oh shut up already with your racist garbage

How is it racist?

Middle Eastern migrants did cause assaults in Cologne
Muslims were involved in Rotherham
The killers in the Charlie Hebdo attacks/Paris massacres were Muslims (radicalised)
Because of the migrants the centre of Cologne has become a no go area for women at night

He's merely stating facts
Original post by thunder_chunky
Or Jude Law. Let him take a dozen or so into his mansion.

All the celebrities who signed a letter to the PM can do the same. I find it so ironic they are all for bringing in the migrants because they've got money in their bank accounts and a private jet to go off if England gets screwed up by the migrants.
Original post by Foo.mp3
Dogs don't have agency, aren't coming in their tens of millions, and don't pose a threat to our safety, security, values, and way of life

Nothing to do with racism

Nothing to do with Arab ethnicity

I'm sorry but it is.how can you say that when these immigrants are from Arabia? It's racism plain and simple
How is it racist?

Middle Eastern migrants did cause assaults in Cologne
Muslims were involved in Rotherham
The killers in the Charlie Hebdo attacks/Paris massacres were Muslims (radicalised)
Because of the migrants the centre of Cologne has become a no go area for women at night

He's merely stating facts

Does that make all Arabs terrorists and rapists? I think not sweety
Islam isn't a race btw.
I couldn't believe this http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/golden-retrievers-turkey-1.3463905

When hundreds of thousands of refugees are suffering and dieing no thanks to Western interventions you have people rescuing DOGS all the way in Turkey instead. Where are people's priorities!? Especially those who constantly boast of superior western secular liberalism humanism. Is this humanism?

Fantastic... what a wonderful charity and work they are doing.

Maybe Turkey could stop embezzling ISIS oil and facilitating them whilst their leader is busy throwing journalists in jail and turning the country into a theocratic Islamic hellhole and could spend a little bit of their money on helping its dogs or at least neutering them so their suffering can end.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Foo.mp3
Many of them are from Africa and Asia amigo. Sure, there may be a degree of cultural intolerance and xenophobia involved in the disquiet but that's a different proposition

Intolerance and xenophobia is low key racism

I'd agree they might have their priorities a bit mixed up, but since I'm not for importing large tides of people either I can't really knock someone spending their own time and money saving dogs that they'll have to keep and pay for, aside from the ethical criticism that really they technically could be helping thinking feeling human beings with aid.
Intolerance and xenophobia is low key racism

Political correctness and "anti-racism" caused rotherham
Dogs don't bring dark age values and culture into the host country that offers them refuge; they're just dogs
Does that make all Arabs terrorists and rapists? I think not sweety
Islam isn't a race btw.

I know it isn't a race bebs.

Of course it doesn't. But Arab cultures are normally sexist and misogynistic.
I know it isn't a race bebs.

Of course it doesn't. But Arab cultures are normally sexist and misogynistic.

I'm aorry but unless you're an Arab,you don't really have much of a say about our culture,no offence
Original post by EccentricDiamond
Political correctness and "anti-racism" caused rotherham

I doubt that. There will be bad people in every community
I'm aorry but unless you're an Arab,you don't really have much of a say about our culture,no offence

True.

But I can always look at the human rights record in Arab countries and they're pretty much always lowest in the world
Oh shut up already with your racist garbage

Your garbage is speciesist.
Original post by Foo.mp3
I know what you mean, but technically this is of course incorrect and it's important to get this right. Intolerance, fear/hatred, and arbitrary belief in blanket superiority, are somewhat interrelated, if certainly not synonymous, themes :beard:

Hmm I don't buy it
True.

But I can always look at the human rights record in Arab countries and they're pretty much always lowest in the world

Like many other countries around the world
Original post by Foo.mp3
Many of them are from Africa and Asia amigo. Sure, there may be a degree of cultural intolerance and xenophobia involved in the disquiet but that's a different proposition

A lot of the N. Africans identify as Arabs actually. :beard:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending