The Student Room Group

Western Values: Rescuing DOG "refugees" in Turkey but not humans

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Foo.mp3

Private property may be accessible to the public at certain times, at the discretion of the owners, but by public place I’m talking about places where the public may always expect (e.g. by law) to freely roam. Plainly, women are generally freer to bear flesh on private/exclusive property

Never in doubt :u:

Okay. You clearly know more about how women dress in Lebanon than me :smile:
Original post by admonit
WOW You are shooting in all directions. :smile:

So Palestinians are not Arabs? :cool:

To the rest of the world we are Arabs but we know we are Levantine. Don't try to cover up crimes committed by the state of Israel against the innocent women and children and men who are dying
Original post by BaconandSauce
Not Races culture yes (Xenophobic perhaps but I'm not saying other cultures are 'worse' just that those who seek life in a different culture to get something better acknowledge the failings in their own culture in this regard and that I am quite happy with my culture and shall not be made to fell bad about this by someone who doesn't know what culture they belong to from one day to the next or in the case of this thread from one post to the next.)

I have asked you to back up this claim that I have once denigrated a person because of their race and I see you Haven't

I'll not bother with the rest of your post given you are being dishonest for the sake of simply being argumentative (your usual form)

Lost the argument already have we?
Original post by queen-bee
Lost the argument already have we?

No just waiting for you to show me where I have denigrated someone because of their race.

When you've done this I'll engage again until them I'll leave you to your own ramblings.

Besides queeny it seems enough people will call your out for your issues regarding other peoples race and culture..
Does that make all Arabs terrorists and rapists? I think not sweety
Islam isn't a race btw.

But there is a trend in the numbers - a connection. Statistics clearly evidence that and the number of muslim men who have been involved in sex grooming gangs, terror plots and other barbarities is disproportionately high compared to the rest of society.

Ignoring the connection is actually a form of discrimination, you're discriminating against the victims and giving the perpetrators automatic cover because of their culture/religion.
You have a white superiority complex attitude. No Arab is beneath you,so drop it. Your culture is not superior to any other culture. They didn't come to Germany for a better life because they already had a better life in Syria bish.

Why do you say that? I don't see myself as a disappointment. I'm well educated from a top uni and hold a medicine school offer at another prestigious uni.

I've no interest becoming embroiled in this little feud, but one thing I do feel the need to say is that the Western culture is superior to damn near any other culture in the world. Our culture is far more tolerant and inclusive than any other culture that I can think of, and it's certainly more open-minded than the arab culture. That's not racist, it's just a fact. I don't think Western culture is perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but it's the best attempt by humans so far.
Original post by Luke Kostanjsek
I've no interest becoming embroiled in this little feud, but one thing I do feel the need to say is that the Western culture is superior to damn near any other culture in the world. Our culture is far more tolerant and inclusive than any other culture that I can think of, and it's certainly more open-minded than the arab culture. That's not racist, it's just a fact. I don't think Western culture is perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but it's the best attempt by humans so far.

No that's an opinion of yours not a fact
No just waiting for you to show me where I have denigrated someone because of their race.

When you've done this I'll engage again until them I'll leave you to your own ramblings.

Besides queeny it seems enough people will call your out for your issues regarding other peoples race and culture..

Your denigrated me :frown: saying I have no culture and that Arabs are beneath you. The only one that seems to have an issue with other cultures/races living in western society is you. Not that your opinions matter

It's an opinion that Western culture is more inclusive and tolerant than arab culture? I'd be interested to hear how you could possibly claim the arab culture is anywhere close to as tolerant as our own.
To the rest of the world we are Arabs but we know we are Levantine.

:laugh: You can personally call yourself white and "technically" non-Arab all you want but please don't talk about ahl bilad ash-sham like we all agree with your racial nonsense and somehow don't identify as Arab!

I suppose it depends on your definitions of the words 'tolerant' and 'inclusive', but modern Western culture does come out on top with respect to the standard OED definitions of those words.
Your denigrated me :frown: saying I have no culture and that Arabs are beneath you. The only one that seems to have an issue with other cultures/races living in western society is you. Not that your opinions matter

I did not at any point say Arabs are beneath me (hold on are you an Arad now it's just it's getting harder and harder to keep up with your claims?)

This is simply a lie

I have asked you time and time again to show where I have denigrated anyone because of their Race

and once again you fail to do so.
Original post by Agrippatropes
:laugh: You can personally call yourself white and "technically" non-Arab all you want but please don't talk about ahl bilad ash-sham like we all agree with your racial nonsense and somehow don't identify as Arab!

I'm mixed :smile: my dad is white and my mother is Levantine,so that makes me Caucasian just like Levantine people of the Middle East. and I'll talk about my homeland as much as like,free country whether you like it or not :h: sure they'll identity as Arab but that because of the language and culture. I'm Bint sham so deal with it. Uskut!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Agrippatropes

I really shouldn't worry about what this half Italian half German calls herself

It's a Monday so she'll change her mind tomorrow
I really shouldn't worry about what this half Italian half German calls herself

It's a Monday so she'll change her mind tomorrow

I'm half italian and half Levantine
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Hydeman
I suppose it depends on your definitions of the words 'tolerant' and 'inclusive', but modern Western culture does come out on top with respect to the standard OED definitions of those words.

How was life in Saudia Arabia for you?
Your other Is German your Father is Italian

This makes you half and half (half Nazi Half Fascist:biggrin:)

Unless you've changed your mind that is

So Italians are fascists and Germans are nazis? Wallah the stupidity you hear from some people
How was life in Saudia Arabia for you?

It seemed pretty ordinary to me as a kid. All the ugliness to do with the treatment of apostates, homosexuals, and the poor treatment of women was comfortably out of reach/sight. I went to a gender-segregated school which, again, seemed ordinary enough at the time. :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Hydeman
It seemed pretty ordinary to me as a kid. All the ugliness to do with the treatment of apostates, homosexuals, and the unequal treatment of women was comfortably out of reach. I went to a gender-segregated school which, again, seemed ordinary enough at the time. :tongue:

I've seen videos of western expats who love it so much that they don't want to leave. Would you live there again/work?
I've seen videos of western expats who love it so much that they don't want to leave.

I expect these are expats who like having a lot of money -- taxes in KSA are almost nil, petrol was cheaper than water (at least when I was there), water was itself pretty cheap (that may have changed since), and so on.

I'd love to see what these expats think of having almost no guarantee of being able to live there without work, though. In KSA, non-religious immigration is through a middle man (a sponsor) and dependent on whether you have work or not. If you don't, you can expect to be deported pretty quickly. Not to mention the lack of freedom of religion, which would be a big thing for you, for instance -- there are no churches in Saudi Arabia and even private services are forbidden.

Would you live there again/work?

No, I don't think I could. :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending