The Student Room Group

History Degree, which Uni?

I have all my offers back to study History, but Im currently stuck between Birmingham, Reading or Southampton!

Any opinions would be very much appreciated...
Original post by AnnaMossy
I have all my offers back to study History, but Im currently stuck between Birmingham, Reading or Southampton!

History is pointless, you never learn anything new... *ba dum dum tsst*
Reply 2
Original post by Username002.0
History is pointless, you never learn anything new... *ba dum dum tsst*

its all in the past anyway!hhaha
its all in the past anyway!hhaha

Repped

Go through the structure of the course looking at all the modules. Choose which ones you would take at each uni. Does one of them stand out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Birmingham!

Visit them and see which you get the best feel from and which course you prefer. I personally think Birmingham's a lot better both in terms of her reputation and aesthetics. Its got a beautiful leafy campus in the suburbs with impressive old redbrick buildings but at the same time has a station on campus which is amazing and makes it really easy to get into the busy city centre. I feel there's also a lot more going on with Birmingham being the second biggest city in the UK so you will undoubtedly have an a brilliant social life.

Birmingham is a Russell group so very prestigious, comes out well in the league tables, was awarded number one in the UK in 2015 for its History research department and also has the highest graduate employment in the UK.

I love it!
Reply 6
Original post by katya11en
Birmingham!

Visit them and see which you get the best feel from and which course you prefer. I personally think Birmingham's a lot better both in terms of her reputation and aesthetics. Its got a beautiful leafy campus in the suburbs with impressive old redbrick buildings but at the same time has a station on campus which is amazing and makes it really easy to get into the busy city centre. I feel there's also a lot more going on with Birmingham being the second biggest city in the UK so you will undoubtedly have an a brilliant social life.

Birmingham is a Russell group so very prestigious, comes out well in the league tables, was awarded number one in the UK in 2015 for its History research department and also has the highest graduate employment in the UK.

I love it!

I have an offer holder day there in a few weeks and in my head its the one I think I'd like to go to most! So hopefully the open day with reinforce that! Do you go there?
Reply 7
Original post by ageshallnot
Go through the structure of the course looking at all the modules. Choose which ones you would take at each uni. Does one of them stand out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I quite like all the modules they all offer which makes it much harder!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending