The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Which Carnatic Halls is best?

I have put Crown Place as my first and second choice for accommodation but I am going to choose a Carnatic accommodation for my third choice.

Which is the one closest to the bus stop?
Also which has the best washroom/kitchen ratio to rooms and also has a hob? or something that resembles an oven xD

Also if you can share any personal experiences of Carnatic or Crown Place that would be amazing thanks! ^.^
Original post by 08ravena1172
I have put Crown Place as my first and second choice for accommodation but I am going to choose a Carnatic accommodation for my third choice.

Also which has the best washroom/kitchen ratio to rooms and also has a hob? or something that resembles an oven xD

Also if you can share any personal experiences of Carnatic or Crown Place that would be amazing thanks! ^.^

In McNair, Salisbury and possibly Rankin you get a sink in your room. The other two have hobs, so that'd be Morton and Lady Mountford. I believe McNair or Salisbury are closest but I always forget which one is the closest. Have a look at the accommodation website and Google Maps to help you out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Original post by 08ravena1172

In Carnatic if you're no fussed about hobs the nicest halls are McNair followed by Salisbury as they've had the most refurbishment done. They also have foyers with common rooms and computer rooms unlike the others where you basically walk into someone's bathroom. They're also near the bus stop.

Sensible you for choosing a Carnatic 3rd, two thirds of people who apply on campus don't get it. Crown is really nice but obviously it will end up costing you more and it's a bit less sociable - Carnatic is party central. I say go for the full uni experience and save money, slum it in Carnatic but you'll love it in the end. (Or at least bits of it)
Original post by KeyboardNinja
In Carnatic if you're no fussed about hobs the nicest halls are McNair followed by Salisbury as they've had the most refurbishment done. They also have foyers with common rooms and computer rooms unlike the others where you basically walk into someone's bathroom. They're also near the bus stop.

Sensible you for choosing a Carnatic 3rd, two thirds of people who apply on campus don't get it. Crown is really nice but obviously it will end up costing you more and it's a bit less sociable - Carnatic is party central. I say go for the full uni experience and save money, slum it in Carnatic but you'll love it in the end. (Or at least bits of it)

I went to an open day the other day and went on student village tour, it was horrible, no wifi, BAR ONLY OPEN ON WEEKDAYS wtf, it seemed in the middle of nowhere, the tour guide just kept saying the negatives 'this doesn't work, never used, this is bad' and how can it be sociable as well, eating together? His exact words in the canteen 'people say this is where you meet people but I've never met anyone in here' really hope they don't put me there
Original post by SlimShady96
I went to an open day the other day and went on student village tour, it was horrible, no wifi, BAR ONLY OPEN ON WEEKDAYS wtf, it seemed in the middle of nowhere, the tour guide just kept saying the negatives 'this doesn't work, never used, this is bad' and how can it be sociable as well, eating together? His exact words in the canteen 'people say this is where you meet people but I've never met anyone in here' really hope they don't put me there

As a tour guide myself, I wonder who you got because that sounds like a really negative opinion which most people don't have!
Yeah bar is only open weekdays but on the weekend you'll be smashed off your face in town - that's why it's closed.

Everything works for me, genuinely - I'm not being paid to say this.

Eating together isn't necessarily sociable but being on a floor of perhaps 20 random people is when they have wild floor parties and there's several 100 people in all directions around you and another 1000 outside. I've never claimed to have met people in the canteen. I have a few, but you meet people in your halls and on nights out / predrinks. So no no one says the canteen is where you meet people except him.

I think he's misinformed or depressed but if you like the quiet, kushty and expensive life then hit on campus for sure.

Also I was informed by a member of staff that they are spending millions (literally) on putting in WiFi next year.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by KeyboardNinja
As a tour guide myself, I wonder who you got because that sounds like a really negative opinion which most people don't have!
Yeah bar is only open weekdays but on the weekend you'll be smashed off your face in town - that's why it's closed.

Everything works for me, genuinely - I'm not being paid to say this.

Eating together isn't necessarily sociable but being on a floor of perhaps 20 random people is when they have wild floor parties and there's several 100 people in all directions around you and another 1000 outside. I've never claimed to have met people in the canteen. I have a few, but you meet people in your halls and on nights out / predrinks. So no no one says the canteen is where you meet people except him.

I think he's misinformed or depressed but if you like the quiet, kushty and expensive life then hit on campus for sure.

Also I was informed by a member of staff that they are spending millions (literally) on putting in WiFi next year.

The thought of travelling on a wet and windy day or having to carry loads of stuff with you really doesn't appeal to me, like if you wanted to do some sport after your lecture you could just pop in to on campus accommodation but off campus you can't just pop in.

The tour guides said they lived in the on campus and they said their social life was great, I'll compromise abit on certain things to live more comfortably

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending