The Student Room Group

Wilshere vs Norwich is the best goal ever

Thoughts
Delete your account.
Have masturbated to regularly
Strong choice
Marco Van Basten is one of the greatest given the context it was scored in.

John Ruddy doesn't deserve to be involved in any discussion regarding the greatest goal ever scored.
Reply 5
Messi has scored far better goals
Reply 6
Kane vs. Arsenal (5/3/2016)
Alli v Palace
Original post by rockrunride
Alli v Palace

I'd call it the "Alli Palli":wink:
The fact that Allis goal is considered best this season by many pundits truly shows how delusional we are with young english biased. That goal the soton defender scored vs arsenal was better in virtually every way.

That Wilshere goal was a joke though, one of the classic pl goals
Original post by leinad2012
The fact that Allis goal is considered best this season by many pundits truly shows how delusional we are with young english biased. That goal the soton defender scored vs arsenal was better in virtually every way.

That Wilshere goal was a joke though, one of the classic pl goals

Why is not the best goal. The way he controlled it, the technique to lift it over the defender who was closing him down was sublime and finding the bottom corner from 20 yards all while spinning.

From what I've seen that Southampton defender had played like 2 games all season and was by all intents and purposes a bit of a fluke, so how is it better in virtually every way? Still a great goal but not the best scored this season.

An Arsenal fan not saying a goal is good because it was scored by an English Spurs player is a bit sad.
Original post by Jimmy Seville
Why is not the best goal. The way he controlled it, the technique to lift it over the defender who was closing him down was sublime and finding the bottom corner from 20 yards all while spinning.

From what I've seen that Southampton defender had played like 2 games all season and was by all intents and purposes a bit of a fluke, so how is it better in virtually every way? Still a great goal but not the best scored this season.

An Arsenal fan not saying a goal is good because it was scored by an English Spurs player is a bit sad.

It was a very good goal, but the way the pundits talk about it is as though it was the best goal ever. It was a lovely flick over the defender and a cute finish into the corner, but if it was scored by say, Dembele instead, we wouldn't still be talking about it. Meanwhile if Alli had scored the goal the soton defender had, it'd be called one of the best goals of all time.
Alli is a great young player, but when people are genuinely saying he's the best player in the league (which people on social media are actually doing btw) you have to look at english football fans and say, ****ing hell, this delusion is why we're so **** in international competitions
Reply 12
^ salty af

He's better than Wilshit anyways
It was a very good goal, but the way the pundits talk about it is as though it was the best goal ever. It was a lovely flick over the defender and a cute finish into the corner, but if it was scored by say, Dembele instead, we wouldn't still be talking about it. Meanwhile if Alli had scored the goal the soton defender had, it'd be called one of the best goals of all time.
Alli is a great young player, but when people are genuinely saying he's the best player in the league (which people on social media are actually doing btw) you have to look at english football fans and say, ****ing hell, this delusion is why we're so **** in international competitions

It's not as if arsenal fans have consistently deluded themselves over youngsters who've come to nothing...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Underscore__
It's not as if arsenal fans have consistently deluded themselves over youngsters who've come to nothing...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, I suppose that's because millions of them fall under the category "English football fans".... I have never said they don't...
Yes, I suppose that's because millions of them fall under the category "English football fans".... I have never said they don't...

The difference between Arsenal fans and the rest of the league is that usually only young English players are so lauded but Arsenal fans seem to think they're under 21's would be a mid table team

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest