The Student Room Group

How many subjects do you revise a day?

oh my lord i feel like im failing to keep up, i always always start revision at like 8pm until 10pm ish and i'd like to fit in more subjects but i seem to only manage two at a time. and then i hear people going through like 6 a day, one hour each.
I haven't started 'properly' revising yet, but I occasionally watch science videos on YouTube.
Original post by Mayhem™
I haven't started 'properly' revising yet, but I occasionally watch science videos on YouTube.

Same here. I guess just skimming through the textbook doesn't count. And I have no idea how to make a suitable timetable or how I would ever stick to it :redface:
Original post by ||TheUnknown||
Same here. I guess just skimming through the textbook doesn't count. And I have no idea how to make a suitable timetable or how I would ever stick to it :redface:

I don't feel like I need to start revising yet; in most subjects, I'm able to comfortably get a high B or low A without revising.
Original post by Mayhem™
I don't feel like I need to start revising yet; in most subjects, I'm able to comfortably get a high B or low A without revising.

I know but doesn't it just feel like these few weeks have just been going so fast, especially after the mocks? Its frightening me :afraid:
I know but doesn't it just feel like these few weeks have just been going so fast, especially after the mocks? Its frightening me :afraid:

True, I fear that I won't get a sufficient amount of A's and A*'s (I'd like to apply for Cambridge:colondollar:) If I remain complacent :frown:.
Original post by Mayhem™
True, I fear that I won't get a sufficient amount of A's and A*'s (I'd like to apply for Cambridge:colondollar:) If I remain complacent :frown:.

(Aim high :wink:) What are your targets or predicted grades?
(Aim high :wink:) What are your targets or predicted grades?

My predicted grades are A for everything, but I know that with the right amount of effort I can get an A* in maths,sciences, computer science, possibly french and history. (I also have an A* in GCSE Polish, since it's my first language :wink:)

I'm aiming to leave secondary school with at least 4 A*'s at GCSE. :colondollar:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Mayhem™
My predicted grades are A for everything, but I know that with the right amount of effort I can get an A* in maths,sciences, computer science, possibly french and history. (I also have an A* in GCSE Polish, since it's my first language :wink:)

I'm aiming to leave secondary school with at least 4 A*'s at GCSE. :colondollar:

Well done for achieving an A* already :biggrin:! I was predicted 6A*s and 4As but there's no way I'll get those unless I make a start now. I just CANT get myself motivated..
Well done for achieving an A* already :biggrin:! I was predicted 6A*s and 4As but there's no way I'll get those unless I make a start now. I just CANT get myself motivated..

Thanks (it feels great to have something already :biggrin:), and I feel that too :redface:.
Reply 10
School days (3 hours -usually 2/3 subjects) :

5:00pm -7:30pm I get all homework done set on that specific day
8:00pm -9:30pm Revision for whichever subjects I have planned.

Non -school days (5/6 hours -usually 4/5 subjects) :

3:00 pm -9 pm
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Mayhem™

why B or A when you can get A* ;-)
Original post by Mayhem™

and gcse in your language doesnt count puh lease
duh any A* counts when applying for uni m9

because social life m9
My target grades are 6 A* and 5 A, and I find sciences hardest.

As such, I use all my science homework that I get as revision- because I get loads, partly thankfully. If I get a homework to do a past paper, I WILL NOT use the mark scheme, and I WILL treat it as a real test to as much reality as I can. It worked when I got 52/60 in a C1 paper, and I am rubbish at chemistry.

It's all about finding your weaknesses. Thankfully, I've pretty much already got 4 GCSE grades- one B which I'm trying to turn into an A-A*, one I don't know the result of yet, and French and Maths A*. I'm also on an easy route to an A* in Sociology, so I'm only revising about half of all my subjects.

Posted from TSR Mobile
In January I stuck to the whole 'one hour each subject' and got through 3 on a weekday and 4/5 on weekend, but I found it didn't work for me as well because sometimes I was just getting the hang of a concept and I would be in routine so it would be like 'right, times up'. Now I just revise each subject until I'm satisfied I've made progress, which is sometimes 30 minutes and sometimes 3 hours, I feel like on a whole this works way better (although I do of course do ALL my subjects within a week - I don't just stick to one so I have some boundaries) because I am getting more stuff done and I'm learning more :smile:
with my mocks i did 1 or 2 a day, maximum 3, and i'll probably do the same for the real ones when i finally start
doing 6 a day seems kinda pointless, how would you remember everything??
Is this for GCSE or AS/A Level?
For GCSE, I started around late April (first exam was May 5th), and did about 4 hours a week. This wasn't due to laziness/etc, but due to a medical condition. I finished with 3 A*s and the rest As. What I'm trying to put forward by saying this, is that everyone works differently. My long-term memory is pretty ****, but I can hold information for short periods (a few days, etc), so I revised close to the exam dates.

If other people are doing 6 hours a day, it doesn't mean you have to.

For AS/A Level? **** knows, I'm so far behind I'm ( _ ) this close to dropping out : ) ) ) )) ) )
Reply 18
6 hours a day is a bit much for GCSE level don't you think?

For me, I'm focusing on my Art right now and trying to get that out of the way before the modules in June. I've never found revising months early to be effective for me; there is a serious lack of motivation. I have a plan to study 2 hours a night starting from the end of April and 3-4 hours on week-ends.
Original post by Mayhem™

because social life m9

on TSR? ayeee

Quick Reply

Latest