The Student Room Group

Size zero prom dresses

I need advice on where I can buy a UK size 2 or 4 prom dress (US 0 or 00). I've tried on so so many dresses in UK size 6 and even size 4 and they are just fall off me.

I know this sounds like a great problem to have but its really not. It's driving me to tears. Clothes shopping is always difficult for me and I usually make do with baggy clothes but I want to look nice for prom.

What shops have a GOOD SELECTION of size zero dresses?
Original post by Platopus
I need advice on where I can buy a UK size 2 or 4 prom dress (US 0 or 00). I've tried on so so many dresses in UK size 6 and even size 4 and they are just fall off me.

I know this sounds like a great problem to have but its really not. It's driving me to tears. Clothes shopping is always difficult for me and I usually make do with baggy clothes but I want to look nice for prom.

What shops have a GOOD SELECTION of size zero dresses?

What if you bought a nice dress and had it adjusted by a tailor?
Reply 2
Original post by homeland.lsw
What if you bought a nice dress and had it adjusted by a tailor?

It's just that that would be expensive and if I could find a nice dress which fits right to start off with, it would be so much easier.
Original post by Platopus
It's just that that would be expensive and if I could find a nice dress which fits right to start off with, it would be so much easier.

:yes:
Well the only other thing I could say is shop online...? I really don't know.
At least see how much a dress alteration would cost.
Reply 4
Original post by homeland.lsw
:yes:
Well the only other thing I could say is shop online...? I really don't know.
At least see how much a dress alteration would cost.

Yeah, that's what I have been doing :frown: thanks though
I've seen UK size 2 dresses on Asos. Otherwise you could try getting a dress from a less expensive store like Forever 21 or H&M and then getting it altered so it's not as expensive.
Reply 6
Original post by aspiehs
I've seen UK size 2 dresses on Asos. Otherwise you could try getting a dress from a less expensive store like Forever 21 or H&M and then getting it altered so it's not as expensive.

Yeah I've tried a few size 2s from Asos but the selection isn't great and most of the dresses I like are not made in that size.
I checked PromGirl and they have US sizes 00 and 0.
Reply 8
Original post by aspiehs
I checked PromGirl and they have US sizes 00 and 0.

I really like the dresses on there too but they don't do refunds which worries me because I'm not sure what I'd do if I wanted to return it.
You have a reason not to participate in this US tradition that should stay there and not come to this country.
PromGirl does refunds but just not for final sale items :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by barnetlad
You have a reason not to participate in this US tradition that should stay there and not come to this country.

Believe me I agree...
Reply 12
Original post by aspiehs
PromGirl does refunds but just not for final sale items :smile:

Oh ok, thank you! They did say there is a 10% restocking fee but I guess that's not too bad.
there is a dress website called vponsale.com and their dresses are not only good quality but i am sure that they are tailor made so you provide your measurements and then they make the dress.

I have seen other people with dresses from the website and they have always praised the company and loved their dresses.

Hope this helps !
You could try on some petite dresses. They usually come in several sizes, but are smaller than average ones.

Quick Reply

Latest