The Student Room Group

More Loony Tunes Culture Wars at Cambridge

Scroll to see replies

Original post by queen-bee
Omg yet another cultural appropriation story,why always Cambridge?! Oh my :mmm: just knew it

No,I don't think that's what the definition of CA entails

Have to agree queeny

But if that's the case it's defined in such a way as to always restrict the culture and people of this country to the advantage of cultures who aren't.
Original post by BaconandSauce
Have to agree queeny

But if that's the case it's defined in such a way as to always restrict the culture and people of this country to the advantage of cultures who aren't.

Aye but it's like in America too. It's the majority vs minority culture aspect
You have a point but what about those offended or who think their culture is being taken advantage of/mocked in some form?

They have a perfect right to be offended. Let them be offended. I'll be happy to help them attain nirvana.
You have a point but what about those offended or who think their culture is being taken advantage of/mocked in some form?

Tough. They have to learn to deal with it without infringing the rights of others.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What do you suggest we do,rather than resorting to physical violence..

Have you realised the folly of CA and come over to the dark side, then?
Original post by Good bloke
Have you realised the folly of CA and come over to the dark side, then?

NO thanks!
Original post by DiddyDec
Tough. They have to learn to deal with it without infringing the rights of others.

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol I didn't realise you had the right to appropriate other people's cultures :redface:
They have a perfect right to be offended. Let them be offended. I'll be happy to help them attain nirvana.

So then you can't complain that they shouldn't be offended,like you said they have a right to be,cos I know you would too if I tried to appropriate your culture :wink:
I know you would too if I tried to appropriate your culture :wink:

I don't accept that CA is a valid concept. If you wish to take part in any aspect of British culture whatever, copy it, parody it, criticise it, look at it, laugh at it or take it home and stuff it, I will be completely happy.

I may do any of the above to any aspect of anyone else's culture, have done, and will do again.
NO thanks!

Oh dear! I thought the 44 pages had exposed its folly, even to you.
lol I didn't realise you had the right to appropriate other people's cultures :redface:

Only in the dreams of an SJW do I not have that right.
I don't accept that CA is a valid concept. If you wish to take part in any aspect of British culture whatever, copy it, parody it, criticise it, look at it, laugh at it or take it home and stuff it, I will be completely happy.

I may do any of the above to any aspect of anyone else's culture, have done, and will do again.

You're brave aren't you! I don't think people in the Middle East would take too kindly to you doing such a thing,especially mocking of their culture or exploitation. Just be careful
You're brave aren't you! I don't think people in the Middle East would take too kindly to you doing such a thing,especially mocking of their culture or exploitation. Just be careful

You make them sound such nice people. I've just issued an invitation for them to appropriate my culture.

What is the reasonable punishment for CA? Stoning? Bullying?

Freedom of expression. There is no right saying that someone's culture may not be used nor is there a right to be offended.

My comment actually referred to resorting to violence.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh dear! I thought the 44 pages had exposed its folly, even to you.

:naughty::naughty:
You make them sound such nice people. I've just issued an invitation for them to appropriate my culture.

What is the reasonable punishment for CA? Stoning? Bullying?

SJWs surely are nice people if they are looking out for everyone? :mmm:

What,in the Middle East?
Freedom of expression. There is no right saying that someone's culture may not be used nor is there a right to be offended.

My comment actually referred to resorting to violence.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Violence will not solve anything,instead these people will feel they are fighting for something worth holding onto and come back stronger
Violence will not solve anything,instead these people will feel they are fighting for something worth holding onto and come back stronger

You missed the point entirely.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You missed the point entirely.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can't change people's opinions by resorting to violence,what I would suggest is holding meetings on campus with the two sides
You can't change people's opinions by resorting to violence,what I would suggest is holding meetings on campus with the two sides

You don't think the SJWs should be no-platformed, then?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending