The Student Room Group

GCSE EXAMS - When is your first exam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by brainzistheword
Yep sorry typo on my part - 3 sciences (that's what I get for trying to type quickly :biggrin:)

Aha no worries! Are you doing Triple Science then?
Original post by _chloeematt
Aha no worries! Are you doing Triple Science then?

Yeah I am :smile:

And I want to take Chemistry and Physics at A-level
Yeah I am :smile:

And I want to take Chemistry and Physics at A-level

Engineer?
Original post by dalegeorge1
Engineer?

Wowee - I am actually considering this route yeah - how did you guess? :smile:
Yep sorry typo on my part - 3 sciences (that's what I get for trying to type quickly :biggrin:)

Ar u on the 6's yet like (c6, b6, p6)
Original post by ellamoon_22
Ar u on the 6's yet like (c6, b6, p6)

Yes - for Physics we have finished everything (we had done by Christmas), Chemistry we have 2 more lessons until everything is finished, and Biology we are about half way through B6 :smile:

How about you?

Also, I don't know if this will be helpful or interesting to you but I have a blog for my studies up to GCSE here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3897511 which you might find useful :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
**** well for Physics in class we r on P6b (im doing physics myself at home so im on p6d).....chemistry we are only on c6b in class (also doing it myself at home so im c6d).....bio in class b6b im on b6d

So basically my teacherd r slow and drag out lessons for weeks so im doing it myself so I can go bsck to things I dknt get
Cootos to you guys! Your guys are amazing! We didn't even have the choice for triple at our school. Do you still do the same units as double science for OCR Gateway?
**** well for Physics in class we r on P6b (im doing physics myself at home so im on p6d).....chemistry we are only on c6b in class (also doing it myself at home so im c6d).....bio in class b6b im on b6d

So basically my teacherd r slow and drag out lessons for weeks so im doing it myself so I can go bsck to things I dknt get

It's great you are teaching yourself and I understand what you mean about teachers dragging out lessons. If you need any help with topics let me know :smile:
Original post by _chloeematt
Cootos to you guys! Your guys are amazing! We didn't even have the choice for triple at our school. Do you still do the same units as double science for OCR Gateway?

I think double award do modules 1-3 for each science and we do 1-6 but I think we cover the same topics, but I'm not entirely sure to be honest
It's great you are teaching yourself and I understand what you mean about teachers dragging out lessons. If you need any help with topics let me know :smile:

Thank you for the offer will do...hows ur coursework?
16th May WJEC Sociology Paper 1 (Intro and Family)

Apart from my iGCSE English resit on the 3rd.
Thank you for the offer will do...hows ur coursework?

No problem.

I think my coursework is A* though I am not relying on it too much. What grades are you hoping for?
Well my teacher marked mine and said im on an A only few off A* but I cant edit it now so im counting on achieving high grades in rhe test
Well my teacher marked mine and said im on an A only few off A* but I cant edit it now so im counting on achieving high grades in rhe test

I'm sure you'll do really well - do you want the A* (probably a silly question)?
Reply 55
3rd May for CIE IGCSE English Language
I'm sure you'll do really well - do you want the A* (probably a silly question)?

Yhh I do but at the sme time its silly that in general even though an A is sn excellent grade we think its bad because there is A* available
Yhh I do but at the sme time its silly that in general even though an A is sn excellent grade we think its bad because there is A* available

Yeah I know what you mean because I really don't like seeming ungrateful but I feel absolutely gutted when I get As because I am predicted A*s for everything but I know some people work extremely hard and can only manage Bs or something and would do anything for an A which makes me feel bad.

Spoiler

Wowee - I am actually considering this route yeah - how did you guess? :smile:

Lol I'm just surrounded by wannabe engineers so I have a fairly good guess
Any idea what type of engineering? I heard robotics is a growing field
I think double award do modules 1-3 for each science and we do 1-6 but I think we cover the same topics, but I'm not entirely sure to be honest

Yeha we do unit 1-4 and that's it tbh

Quick Reply

Latest