The Student Room Group

4 weeks till end of yrs revision help

So my end of yr and first time mocks are coming and I was wondering how much to revise Wednesday I can't revise but anyways how much shoukd I revise should I do exam papers the last two weeks?
Subjects
English lit
English lang
Sciences.
Maths
French
History
Computer science
And art but don't include that I'm up to date and I've got a good grade alr
I'm not too worried for french rest if them I just needa go over topics
Reply 1
Exam papers are good however you could use Cognito for Maths and Science. It has exam papers based on topics and good videos, which explain the concepts properly. For English literature you should revise the themes and quotes linked to it. I would recommend around 10-15 quotes. For English Language practicing past papers would be the best way to revise. For most of these subjects except French you could use GCSE pod since it has English lit, language, History and Computer Science.
Original post by dianaemerald03
So my end of yr and first time mocks are coming and I was wondering how much to revise Wednesday I can't revise but anyways how much shoukd I revise should I do exam papers the last two weeks?
Subjects
English lit
English lang
Sciences.
Maths
French
History
Computer science
And art but don't include that I'm up to date and I've got a good grade alr
I'm not too worried for french rest if them I just needa go over topics

First order the subjects from hardest (as in, you would go full on panic mode in this subject exam) to easiest (you would be able to wing it). The aim is to cover all the subjects in these few weeks but to prioritise the ones you need the most work in. Then look at all the topics you need to revise for your hardest subjects and order those based on weakest to strongest. Whichever topics are on weakest, watch videos based on them and take notes - go on cognito, freesciencelessons, gcse maths tutor, khan academy, glow up your grades (for english), whatever channels or websites you use to understand these topics.
After that, the best thing to do is practice, PMT and MME revise are really good, cgp has good exam-based workbooks if you have them too.
Don't forget to have some rest sometimes too, it's easy to neglect yourself when studying and revising so much. It's like after a cardio or intense workout, your body needs a break - same thing applies here too, after you've worked your brain a lot, give it a break and do something fun/enjoyable.
I hope that helps and good luck!
(Original post by *LifeHappens*)First order the subjects from hardest (as in, you would go full on panic mode in this subject exam) to easiest (you would be able to wing it). The aim is to cover all the subjects in these few weeks but to prioritise the ones you need the most work in. Then look at all the topics you need to revise for your hardest subjects and order those based on weakest to strongest. Whichever topics are on weakest, watch videos based on them and take notes - go on cognito, freesciencelessons, gcse maths tutor, khan academy, glow up your grades (for english), whatever channels or websites you use to understand these topics.
After that, the best thing to do is practice, PMT and MME revise are really good, cgp has good exam-based workbooks if you have them too.
Don't forget to have some rest sometimes too, it's easy to neglect yourself when studying and revising so much. It's like after a cardio or intense workout, your body needs a break - same thing applies here too, after you've worked your brain a lot, give it a break and do something fun/enjoyable.

Original post by *LifeHappens*
First order the subjects from hardest (as in, you would go full on panic mode in this subject exam) to easiest (you would be able to wing it). The aim is to cover all the subjects in these few weeks but to prioritise the ones you need the most work in. Then look at all the topics you need to revise for your hardest subjects and order those based on weakest to strongest. Whichever topics are on weakest, watch videos based on them and take notes - go on cognito, freesciencelessons, gcse maths tutor, khan academy, glow up your grades (for english), whatever channels or websites you use to understand these topics.

Omg thanks so much fjr the help only thing jk worried is that I'll forget everything should I jsjt do last papers for science I think it's the only wayyyyyyy ahh help
Original post by dianaemerald03
(Original post by *LifeHappens*)First order the subjects from hardest (as in, you would go full on panic mode in this subject exam) to easiest (you would be able to wing it). The aim is to cover all the subjects in these few weeks but to prioritise the ones you need the most work in. Then look at all the topics you need to revise for your hardest subjects and order those based on weakest to strongest. Whichever topics are on weakest, watch videos based on them and take notes - go on cognito, freesciencelessons, gcse maths tutor, khan academy, glow up your grades (for english), whatever channels or websites you use to understand these topics.

Omg thanks so much fjr the help only thing jk worried is that I'll forget everything should I jsjt do last papers for science I think it's the only wayyyyyyy ahh help

Happy to help! Yeah, past papers for science is good so you can apply the knowledge you've learnt, something else I should add is don't forget to memorise your equations if you haven't already and also go through the required practicals!! There's bound to be a few practicals covered in the exam so don't forget to go through them

Quick Reply

Latest