The Student Room Group

What Should I do?

I'm 17, just came back from Portugal a month ago and I need to apply to schools/colleges in September (because I'm too old to join sixth form).

I don't have GCSEs nor A-Levels, and I want to do university.
What should I do?
It depends what you want to do in uni .

You can have couple of options .

You can look into a community college near you they mainly do btecs also have basic gcses courses .I did a btec in a community college but I already had done my gcses privately the year before. But I had a classmate who came newly from Italy he was really smart but had no gcses or anything he joined my 2 year course and did 2 gcses first year and 2 at second and he managed ro get at uni it depends on what course you are applying as some unis what some specific gcses or specific number of gcses and some don't accept btecs or want a certain grade .

I was about to say access course but you young for access course .

Then one more option is some sixth forms do accept students which are 17 when applying and can help you do your gcse for math and English it worth giving a call to other sixth forms like an hour away or something and talking to them.I knew a guy who funny enough also came from Italy he was going to a local sixth-form and doing as levels and math and English with that sixth form while he was 17.

You can also get into distance learning courses and get your gcses online and even a levels and sit your exam at private exam centre some distance learning courses do come with cost of booking and book the exam centre for you but in some ypu have tp book and pay for exam centre separately.

You can also self study and use the materials online and book the exams yourself and sit them. But that cam be tricky with double science gcse or if you wanna do any practical science a levels as you have to do the practicals exams centres don't provide that some online distance learning courses do but they charge fortune and there centres are in maim city's like London and Birmingham dp for science practical things it's best tp get into community college .

That's all I remember by now if you have any further questions don't hasistate to reach out to me.I was in same situation as you 17 with no gcses and a levels having no idea what to do ,had to research and find evrything by myself .I wished there was someone to guide me at at that time. .But we learn from experiences.Alhadullilah for evrything I made it and got into uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending