The Student Room Group

PwC Insight Week 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Xphoenix
Unfortunately didn't even get an interview.. Not really too sure why Cause I got 9/10 in the tests and have a good academic track record.
Only reason is the actual application, but thought that wasn't too bad either (other than potentially it was a bit too informal- but that's debatable).

could be a really competitive area
Original post by jamestg
Ahh I'm sorry man! Have you looked at some of the other work experience scheme for the other firms?

I got EY that I applied for but that one I thought I was less likely to getting in, but other than that none of the others either offer work experience explicitly which haven't gone past the deadline.
Original post by popcornjpg
Also got an interview for PwC now! Booked for this Monday. So excited! Time to prepare! :smile:

Congrats! Goodluck, im sure you'll do well :smile: Got my interview booked for Tuesday which is my busiest day of the week :frown: so hopefully ill be in a good frame of mind by the time of the interview
Reply 163
My interview tomorrow I'm so scared hopefully I've prepared enough!! Good luck everyone
Reply 164
Original post by 4shadows
Congrats! Goodluck, im sure you'll do well :smile: Got my interview booked for Tuesday which is my busiest day of the week :frown: so hopefully ill be in a good frame of mind by the time of the interview

Original post by Nc_x
My interview tomorrow I'm so scared hopefully I've prepared enough!! Good luck everyone

Good luck!!
Still not heard back, hope I do within the next couple of days :frown:
Good luck to everyone!
Reply 166
Original post by catwat99
Still not heard back, hope I do within the next couple of days :frown:
Good luck to everyone!

When did you have your interview?

I had mine on the 11th March and found out that I was accepted on the 16th.
Original post by jamestg
When did you have your interview?

I had mine on the 11th March and found out that I was accepted on the 16th.

I've not had it yet, still waiting for a reply. Bit worried because in an email it said the interviews need to be completed between 21-31st!!
Yeah I suppose it doesn't take place in London I didn't get any email like that. Maybe someone else from London can confirm or deny this.

I applied for London and didn't receive this email or any other opportunity for any kind of assistance!
Reply 169
Huge good luck to everyone doing their interview this week! I can remember how daunting it was and how much I was sh*tting myself.

Just be yourself, listen to the interviewer and talk slowly. Take time to pause and think what they've asked you. Do not try and think what they are thinking/writing, that's the worst thing you could do.

:h: hopefully will see you on the days where all successful applicants meet together!
Reply 170
Original post by catwat99
I've not had it yet, still waiting for a reply. Bit worried because in an email it said the interviews need to be completed between 21-31st!!

Me too! They had sent an email last week saying I'll receive an email shortly letting me know if I was successful (or not), but here we are.. Interview week- and no response! not sure what to make of it; I'm presuming I don't have an interview. :/ which location did you apply for?
Original post by lluvia
Me too! They had sent an email last week saying I'll receive an email shortly letting me know if I was successful (or not), but here we are.. Interview week- and no response! not sure what to make of it; I'm presuming I don't have an interview. :/ which location did you apply for?

I'm in the same boat! Don't think I got an interview either
damn. I think my interview went really well! @jamestg did they hint on whether they will accept you at the end of your interview? they didnt say anything for me though the interviewer praised me for extensive preparation (which I actually barely did) - I hope that's a compliment :tongue:
Reply 173
damn. I think my interview went really well! @jamestg did they hint on whether they will accept you at the end of your interview? they didnt say anything for me though the interviewer praised me for extensive preparation (which I actually barely did) - I hope that's a compliment :tongue:

That's Brilliant!

What did you do to prepare?
Nice
Reply 175

Glad to hear it went well! They didn't make any indication whether or not they would accept me, but by the sounds of it you probably have got it!!
Original post by SP98
That's Brilliant!

What did you do to prepare?

I just went through the five skills that James posted earlier and made brief notes on them. Also some brief notes on PwC but that's really it.
Reply 177
I just went through the five skills that James posted earlier and made brief notes on them. Also some brief notes on PwC but that's really it.

Thanks! :smile:
Heyy guy I did my interview on Monday 7th of March for the London office and I've been accepted today!! 😊 you should receive a call on a private number with any details. Good luck to all!
Reply 179
Original post by MerishaX
Heyy guy I did my interview on Monday 7th of March for the London office and I've been accepted today!! 😊 you should receive a call on a private number with any details. Good luck to all!

You got a call? I got an email saying I was accepted!

Anyhow congrats!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending