The Student Room Group

PwC Flying Start Assessment Centre

I have applied to the Accountancy degree and have my assessment centre coming up so please drop some advice on what to expect and how to prepare.
Reply 1
Hi, I'm applying for Tech at Manchester, but I had my assessment centre today.
Basically, make sure you've done your PwC research, you have a knowledge of you you can correlate to their purpose and values, as well as the 'Professional' which you are assessed against.
The day is virtual, and takes up a 4 hour block. BUT YOU ARE NOT WORKING FOR ALL 4 HOURS! I wish someone told me that! You get allocated a timetable on the day - mine was a short introduction on an online meeting, then 45 mins to prep a presentation and fictional email reply, using a provided case study. You present this towards an assessor virtually, and then you answer a few questions about why you want to apply for your PwC programme specifically. (This is where you use all of that research). Then I had my break (you might have yours first), and you finish up at the end of the 4 hour block with a short group discussion on what you found from your presentation via a separate breakout online meeting. And that was about it really.
I'll let you know more if:

I was successful

I remember

Reply 2
Original post by lanois
Basically, make sure you've done your PwC research, you have a knowledge of you you can correlate to their purpose and values, as well as the 'Professional' which you are assessed against.
The day is virtual, and takes up a 4 hour block. BUT YOU ARE NOT WORKING FOR ALL 4 HOURS! I wish someone told me that! You get allocated a timetable on the day - mine was a short introduction on an online meeting, then 45 mins to prep a presentation and fictional email reply, using a provided case study. You present this towards an assessor virtually, and then you answer a few questions about why you want to apply for your PwC programme specifically. (This is where you use all of that research). Then I had my break (you might have yours first), and you finish up at the end of the 4 hour block with a short group discussion on what you found from your presentation via a separate breakout online meeting. And that was about it really.

I was successful

I remember

Were you given a group case study ?
Reply 3
Original post by lanois

I was successful

I remember

Thank you! I hope you get an offer
Reply 4
Original post by fzahid123
Were you given a group case study ?
In a sense. But it was a very small group. We had the same topic and worked independently for the presentation, but only discussed with the other candidates towards the end.
Reply 5
is the presentation like a work scenario or something to do with tech?
Reply 6
Original post by roses.
is the presentation like a work scenario or something to do with tech?
I think it was a general scenario. I may have misunderstood, but it was the same task for all of the flying start candidates, not just myself in tech
Reply 7
Original post by lanois
I think it was a general scenario. I may have misunderstood, but it was the same task for all of the flying start candidates, not just myself in tech
Could you please tell me what scenario was given to you if you remember?
Original post by lanois

I was successful

I remember

Hello, Is there a way I can connect directly with you I have my pwc AC virtual on April 29th and insight would help
Reply 9
Original post by tejashwinsingh
Hello, Is there a way I can connect directly with you I have my pwc AC virtual on April 29th and insight would help

Unfortunately I wasn't successful for the programme, so I feel that my advice may not be the most helpful. Wishing you the best of luck though!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending