PwC Technology Flying Start Degree Apprenticeship 2021

Watch
_sharmila_t
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Wanted to start a thread to find other people thinking about applying. How's everyone preparing? What unis does everyone want to do it at?
kammak743
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Sorry, not another person thinking of applying but I am currently a second year student on the programme at Leeds. So if anyone at any point on this thread wants to ask questions then feel free.
_sharmila_t
Rep:
?
(Original post by kammak743)
Sorry, not another person thinking of applying but I am currently a second year student on the programme at Leeds. So if anyone at any point on this thread wants to ask questions then feel free.
absl g, thanks any advice on how to prepare? How's Leeds as a uni?
kammak743
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Preparation
Make sure to look after yourself at this time. Keep up with your studies.
Choose which universities you want to apply for. I applied for Leeds and Birmingham with PwC but of course I have to say Leeds is better!!

Remember that, unusually for a degree apprenticeship, you apply directly to the universities via ucas. This means you need to get your personal statement sorted for that but for computing I'm not sure they care too much.
If the uni accepts you then you get through to a fairly standard PwC application process. This has changed since my year but you can find people discussing the fairly current process on similar studentroom threads from previous years. The best place for the application process is PwC's employability hub. It looks incredibly helpful and comprehensive now. Also find examples of you demonstrating "PwC professional" qualities.

Leeds uni
The uni is great and seems to balance everything really well. It has it's plusses and minuses like everywhere but I don't know anyone who isn't at least reasonably happy with it.

The course is solid and varied so you know some of quite a lot of things. Lecturers are largely pretty good. The city is great and the uni is a campus uni but very near the city centre which is really great and very unusual. There's plenty of things available via the uni union if you want them. Decent and plenty of accommodation available. I can't personally think of any significant negatives.
kammak743
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Unrelated to your questions, but if anyone was on the Uptree event today, I'm Matthew from PwC.
_sharmila_t
Rep:
?
(Original post by kammak743)
Preparation
Make sure to look after yourself at this time. Keep up with your studies.
Choose which universities you want to apply for. I applied for Leeds and Birmingham with PwC but of course I have to say Leeds is better!!

Remember that, unusually for a degree apprenticeship, you apply directly to the universities via ucas. This means you need to get your personal statement sorted for that but for computing I'm not sure they care too much.
If the uni accepts you then you get through to a fairly standard PwC application process. This has changed since my year but you can find people discussing the fairly current process on similar studentroom threads from previous years. The best place for the application process is PwC's employability hub. It looks incredibly helpful and comprehensive now. Also find examples of you demonstrating "PwC professional" qualities.

Leeds uni
The uni is great and seems to balance everything really well. It has it's plusses and minuses like everywhere but I don't know anyone who isn't at least reasonably happy with it.

The course is solid and varied so you know some of quite a lot of things. Lecturers are largely pretty good. The city is great and the uni is a campus uni but very near the city centre which is really great and very unusual. There's plenty of things available via the uni union if you want them. Decent and plenty of accommodation available. I can't personally think of any significant negatives.
Thanks for that. Did you need to provide a CV by the way?
kammak743
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by _sharmila_t)
Thanks for that. Did you need to provide a CV by the way?
In my year you didn't and I don't think you need to now either, but I can't be certain. If in doubt then email [email protected]
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (38)
40.86%
Take autumn exams (34)
36.56%
Look for a job (2)
2.15%
Consider an apprenticeship (3)
3.23%
Take a year out (12)
12.9%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (4)
4.3%

Watched Threads