The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Legendary Quest
They are probably just trying to scare us. I hope nothing happens. :frown:

ISIS are losing the war in Iraq and Syria and apparently many of the younger members who joined are returning back home to the west
Original post by Drewski
That could describe any number of cities across the UK, too...

Worryingly...yes.
Original post by MildredMalone
Best wishes to your dad!

Thanks, he's fine, but says everyone there is very worried and also angry. :smile:

Hilarious.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
My Dad is in a meeting in an office in central Brussels. Armed police moving on streets below, constant sirens, helicopters rotating above city centre.

Hope your dad's safe and well :hugs: Hope you're alright
Original post by Mathemagicien
Secular explosions rock Brussels. (since we are told that terror has no religion)

How dare you. Secular is offensive to those of us who mock religion.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Drewski

I think we have to be aware that we are under threat, particularly in the big cities and especially here in London. I don't think we should go around acting scared, as that is giving in, but realistically, we should expect attacks like this here again.
WTF is wrong with these people that they think murdering innocents on public transport is their life goal. RIP all those poor people who were going to work or even just ready to go on holiday this morning, flying out from the airport.

Considering Belgium has been on high alert for ages with military out on the streets, and literally only just caught the ringleader of the latest attacks, this is pretty alarming. What more do they have to do to protect their citizens? I can only assume London is employing similar methods, minus the military lock-down aspect, and either the UK has got better security services or (more likely...) we are just extremely lucky right now to not have had a repeat of 7/7. Frightening @__@
Another terrorist attack which will not accomplish anything.
Original post by Drewski

Some guy who used to live in Belgium quoted this on Twitter

'Brussels has been on edge for a long time.. It's a city where there are large enclaves where the police are at war with various demographics'

I don't think it's as bad in the UK as the suburbs or France or Belgium. Apparently some of these places are no go areas for the police
Local radio in Brussels says armed raids are underway in Molenbeek conducted by police with army support.
Local radio in Brussels says armed raids are underway in Molenbeek conducted by police with army support.

Same place where the Paris attacker was arrested.
This whole attack certainly was planned beforehand,I don't think it was a last minute thing
My days, the media are vultures :lolwut:

Surrounding a bus of injured people going to hospital in order to get pictures. They need to learn some humanity :indiff:
I think we have to be aware that we are under threat, particularly in the big cities and especially here in London. I don't think we should go around acting scared, as that is giving in, but realistically, we should expect attacks like this here again.

ISIS have been threatening to carry out similar attacks in London since the Paris attacks but we shouldn't act scared. Life is too short
Original post by Nirgilis

Surrounding a bus of injured people going to hospital in order to get pictures. They need to learn some humanity :indiff:

No privacy or dignity whatsoever
Original post by Nirgilis

Typical paps. Only bothered about getting the shot that will get them paid the most.
Original post by queen-bee
Some guy who used to live in Belgium quoted this on Twitter

'Brussels has been on edge for a long time.. It's a city where there are large enclaves where the police are at war with various demographics'

I don't think it's as bad in the UK as the suburbs or France or Belgium. Apparently some of these places are no go areas for the police

Yes, the UK doesn't have much of a problem compared to other European countries. Probably because migrants in the UK come from a much wider range of backgrounds, rather than bringing one culture along with them
Reply 117
I think we (as in everyone in Europe) should all try and be a bit more British about this. Yes it's terrible but the outpouring regarding Paris last year was over the top and in my opinion it showed weakness and let the terrorists 'win'.

The attacks almost ground Europe to a halt. We can't let that happen every time an attack happens (not going to end with our current policies anyway).

Have some of that Blitz spirit. Keep calm and carry on.
This is really sad :sad:

These people do not have an ounce of humanity. Sickening
Reply 119
Original post by Roofas
I think we (as in everyone in Europe) should all try and be a bit more British about this. Yes it's terrible but the outpouring regarding Paris last year was over the top and in my opinion it showed weakness and let the terrorists 'win'.

The attacks almost ground Europe to a halt. We can't let that happen every time an attack happens (not going to end with our current policies anyway).

Have some of that Blitz spirit. Keep calm and carry on.

The terrorists win as Europe continues to allow significant numbers of those from the Middle East & North Africa to enter. Given a not insignificant number sympathise with ISIS (Belgium being the highest per-capita place in Europe for ISIS recruits) these attacks aren't surprising.

Latest

Trending

Trending