The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BaconandSauce
I think you'll find your confusion over who is right wing and what makes a true muslim(TM) is what is confusing this issue

But then I suspect I know why you want to confuse this issue,

Blocked, I'm sick of you jumping into discussions and taking my words out of context and disrupting them.

I won't be replying to your stupid anti-Islam and therefore pro-ISIS posts.
Original post by Frank Underwood
Yeah because he claims it it must be true :facepalm:

... :facepalm: I don't even know how to respond to that.

You accuse him of thinking Muslims support IS, he denies it ... he must be lying

Let's flip this around, if the majority of Muslims claim that they reject and denounce ISIS ... why is that true then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Blocked, I'm sick of you jumping into discussions and taking my words out of context and disrupting them.

I won't be replying to your stupid anti-Islam and therefore pro-ISIS posts.

People can read what you have written and your claim that those of us who abhor sexism, homophobia are now 'right-wing'

LOL but you know you've lost the plot when you call baconandsacue 'pro-isis'
. You are a thick-skulled idiot
Frank, I'm sorry but you overstepped the line, so I had to report you

bye again
Original post by chemting
... :facepalm: I don't even know how to respond to that.

You accuse him of thinking Muslims support IS, he denies it ... he must be lying

Let's flip this around, if the majority of Muslims claim that they reject and denounce ISIS ... why is that true then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, buddy, he's lying because this discussion has gone on for about 30 pages and you jumped in on the very last page with no context of what's actually going on.

Go away.
ISIS kill civilians, some ISIS militants use drugs, ISIS killed a female hostage. The Quran condemns all of these things strongly. Therefore ISIS does not represent the Islam which is followed worldwide.

How hard is it to understand?

So every murderer automatically is not Muslim?
Frank Underwood
Piss off

You piss off

Original post by MACmakeupgirl
You piss off

I'm guessing this is an alt of one of the two idiots I blocked
Pretend to be whoever you want, but your anti-Islamic views are nationalistic, isolationist and therefore right-wing.

You keep using that term "Right-wing." I do not think it means what you think it means. And you are in no position to tell other people what their political stance is based on your opinion.
Piss off

reported
Original post by thunder_chunky
You keep using that term "Right-wing." I do not think it means what you think it means. And you are in no position to tell other people what their political stance is based on your opinion.

Come back to embarrass yourself more I see.

By the identical logic used in your stupid reply, you can say that Hitler is left-wing because 'its someones opinion'.

Opinions don't change facts, and a factual tenet of right-wing ideologies is nationalism and isolationism - both of which are exhibited by rejecting a foreign culture or religion, namely Islam.
Come back to embarrass yourself more I see.

By the identical logic used in your stupid reply, you can say that Hitler is left-wing because 'its someones opinion'.

Opinions don't change facts, and a factual tenet of right-wing ideologies is nationalism and isolationism - both of which are exhibited by rejecting a foreign culture or religion, namely Islam.

I have bad news for you. It isn't automatically fact just because you believe it so.
I'm not right wing, Nothing I have stated here is nationalist or isolationist. You are delusional.
ISIS are most certainly Islamic and have their own interpretation of Islam.
Frank Underwood
Piss of

Life is so tough for apologists of terrorism. :rolleyes:
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
ISIS are most certainly Islamic and have their own interpretation of Islam.
Hi Planta

I have been trying to explain this to Frank in umpteen posts : it is not up to us non-Muslims to decide which interpretation of Islam is correct, and which is not

Muslims have been discussing this for 1400 years, and will most likely take another 1400 years (at least) before reaching any firm decision

this does not mean that we are supporting ISIS : quite to the contrary, we most decidedly oppose it

but this simple point seems to be too difficult to understand

best
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by admonit
Life is so tough for apologists of terrorism. :rolleyes:

Or simply life is easier for victims of right-wing scaremongering
Original post by thunder_chunky
I have bad news for you. It isn't automatically fact just because you believe it so.
I'm not right wing, Nothing I have stated here is nationalist or isolationist. You are delusional.

Your attitudes towards Islam are right-wing, that doesn't mean you are right-wing, you can be left-wing with majorly left-wing views and some right-wing views and vice-versa. I'm not calling you right-wing.

Right-wing tenets consists of isolationism and nationalism.

Rejecting Islam, a foreign culture, is expressive of those two tenets.

Don't get confused here, I'm not saying you're right-wing, but your views on Islam are right wing.
Your attitudes towards Islam are right-wing, that doesn't mean you are right-wing, you can be left-wing with majorly left-wing views and some right-wing views and vice-versa. I'm not calling you right-wing.

Right-wing tenets consists of isolationism and nationalism.

Rejecting Islam, a foreign culture, is expressive of those two tenets..
This is entirely wrong

rejecting Islam means that we dislike Islam's political and social programme; also, that we don't consider that it embodies any sort of revealed "truth"

in particular, we dislike Islam's mainstream positions on relations between religion and State, between men and women, Muslims and non-Muslims

we dislike Islam's mainstream positions on homosexuals, apostates, physical punishments, shariah law in general

how could this possibly be constructed as being right-wing ?

since when does being left-wing imply that you would e.g. approve of having adulterers stoned ?

best
(edited 8 years ago)
This thread is still being driven by the smart ass? The one that saw significant percentage of muslims agree with suicide bombing and favouring ISIS and performed gymnastics to say that extremist muslims are less than 1%?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Slipandsquirm
This thread is still being driven by the smart ass? The one that saw significant percentage of muslims agree with suicide bombing and favouring ISIS and performed gymnastics to say that extremist muslims are less than 1%?

Posted from TSR Mobile

All I saw was a survey in which some Muslims were asked how they viewed ISIS, and also whether suicide bombing is justified in the defence of Islam.

Both of which showed that the vast majority of Muslims are decent people, and of the small amount that do think ISIS is good are not saying that they would join ISIS or commit a suicide attack.

Find me a survey which says that millions of Muslims worldwide would willingly join ISIS or commit a suicide attack and I will change my mind. You can have a view without taking action on it.

Latest

Trending

Trending